I Forge Iron

Stuff that can be forged with only a forge, anvil, and hammer

Sitting in the airport, I felt like giving nohone a reply he wanted!

Bottle openers

Steak turners

Other BBQ and fire tending tools

Sharp pointy things

Hooks

Key fobs

Rings (if you can hold the forming mandril somehow in your anvil)

Hand tools (you might need a vice however...(filing, grinding etc)

Tongs

Candle holders

Candelabras

Picture frames

Hammers

Belt Buckles
Puzzle games

Toys

The things you hang on christmas trees as decorations
Toilet holders
Towel Holders
Sculptures

Axes

Necklaces

General types of forged jewellery and body adornment

You can also practice efficient forging techniques!

etc etc etc etc 

this list is endless!

Hope that was of a little help, Nohone :)

Alec, i want a photo of this forged toilet holder! (i cant bold inside the quote box :( )

Hello Nohone. I am so new to the blacksmith sene, that I don't even have a real anvil yet. I'm using a chunk of old rail track. My tool collection is very basic. An old file, some sand paper, two pairs of old plumbing pliers, a 2 lb hammer and an old ball peen hammer. In fact I wanted to keep my investment cost down, so I built my own propane forge.with a bit of help from a friend and his welder.

Now I've only had my forge up and running a few weeks. So far I built a really bad pair of tongs, 2 ok looking curtain rods for my front windows.
A small bronze knife and a horse shoe to hang on my wall.
Now that my family have herd about what I am doing, my sister in law wants plant hangers for her house,so does my wife. I want to make my wife some garden tools, maybe some shelving brackets. An old style dinner bell would be a good gift for my father in laws farm, maybe even a set of bull horns for my truck.
Well good luck with what ever you build.
I just like to get out and hammer as much as possible.

Dice.

Ice cream scoops.

Doggie barriers.

"Portable holes"

Beverage holder to stick in the ground by one's lawn chair.

Tent stakes.

Special wrench needed to service a sixty-year-old fire alarm system component with an obsolete proprietary tamper-resistant cover. (Sort of an inside-out screwdriver. Sort of.)

Stove pipe brackets.

Other stuff, both practical and nifty.

AHAHAHHAHAHA :') LOL
WOOOPS!

*Toilet paper roll holder ;)

I had just been on a trans-atlantic flight and must have been a little tired ;)

Young people and their excuses these days! I have a concussion and I can still string together a sentience :') ;)

Young people and their excuses these days! I have a concussion and I can still string together a sentience :') ;)

HEY Josh! Don't you be messing with my straightline sources!

Frosty the Lucky

Make a table-mounted wine bottle lantern.  Empty a wine bottle.  Drill through the cork.  Insert copper/steel/brass pipe through cork.  Insert cotton lantern wick through pipe.  Insert fitted bottle into a decorative stand that either sits on a flat surface or can be driven into the ground.  How decorative it is is entirely up to you. 

If you don't have simple chisels and punches to build the holder, make them before you make the holder.  With a hammer, anvil and tongs, you can make a very decorative stand that will be all the rage with your wine-drinking friends.

not sure what a straight line source is! so how could i be messing with it?

Josh the concussed

We'll just keep talking, I'll make it clear. <evil grin> I got you beat Mr. concussed, I'm a TBI survivor, a piece of my brain the size of a modest piece of cheese cake is gone. Just gone. Bye bye.

Frosty the Lucky

We'll just keep talking, I'll make it clear. <evil grin> I got you beat Mr. concussed, I'm a TBI survivor, a piece of my brain the size of a modest piece of cheese cake is gone. Just gone. Bye bye.

Frosty the Lucky

Well Mr. Frosty I do believe you have me beat, as I will never look at cheese cake the same again <worried grin>

Mr. Joshua P McConcussioned

Me either but the cheese cake line is a Straight line. Think of all the cheesey jokes you could've Creamed me with, be a piece of cake.

See? Straight line.

Jokes are one of my main coping mechanisms, the TBI left me pretty messed up. I'm a happy guy though, I'm not drooling on the couch wearing a diaper. I'm physically whole needing to shed some lbs. but whole and reasonably healthy. I'm not as sharp as I used to be but I can still deal. When I consider the options I'm one LUCKY GUY. And THAT is my signoff.

Frosty the Lucky