I Forge Iron

Hey gang

I've been going to move the Alaska club forum to IFI for some time but never remembered to. Stupid Great White  birch. Recently Yahoo decided to lock me out again as it did every once in a while but this time Yahoo wouldn't recognize any of my login info so it seems Me, the Yahoogroup site owner is considered a hacker. Anyhow, Glenn called earlier this evening to see if I'd like to make the changeover. Boy was I happy and it took him maybe 10 minutes to make the change and tune it.

So, here we are!! Thank you Glenn!

I'll be letting the other guys know this is now our site location and I shoot a hearty welcome to any of you other lugs who want to get in on our yak.

We'll be posting meeting dates, events and member happenings.

Thanks again Glenn.

Frosty The Lucky.

P.S. It'll be some fun to see how long it takes the gang up here to get used to the web handle I use here. <wink>

I just joined yahoo & was waiting on an email to get my name on the list for the Alaskan Blacksmith Association.  But it sounds like this is the place to be.  

Welcome aboard Jim!! Sorry about the Yahoogroup page. I'll be getting with Deb about changing the home page so it lets folk know it's not our current forum site.

Got pics? We LOVE pics.

Frosty The Lucky.

You're more than welcome Jim.

I'm a mostly hobbiest with the occasional professional lapse. Looks like Mark and I are going to make a Brazeal style turning hammer. That aught to be a show, I'll make the mistakes and Mark can show us how it should be done.

We usually get going around 9:00ish and do club business after lunch. They're pretty informal gatherings.

I look forward to meeting you.

Frosty the Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

HEY JOHN! Good to see you posting. The old YahooGroup just got to weird to be worth the hassle and IFI is . . . Naw, no comparison at all. Glenn rearranged the listing name a little because there are so many clubs starting with Association. Starting the listing with Alaska puts us #2 on the list.

Thanks Bryan. We need all our guys up to date on this stuff. Especially the GOOd stuff.

Frosty the Lucky.

Ok that was a great lesson on useage. Now if I can learn to spell. Can not ever figure out spell check. Also I will click on every thing in the website.

Spent an hour sorting out hamers and those with no handles and other tools.

Spring is slow in coming. A few geese were seen yesterday. YUM YUM!

Grealing are starting to run. Will go out early Monday.

What is the day or days for the Clinic At Pats?

John

Your welcome Frosty.  I try to be as helpfull as I can.  Starting to finally get thawed out here.  Its been a long winter this year in the interior and the larger rivers still have 40+ inches of ice on them still.  Hopefully we will be thawed out soon.  I set up my drill press and band saw.  But now I'm thinking the band saw may not be too good for metal work.  Which is ok.  I can work around it.  Its more of a home hobbiest wood tool I think.  I am having a difficult time finding a metal cutting blade thats only a 1/4" wide.  I know someone who makes band saw blades I'll talk to him and see what he says.

• 1 year later...

Welcome aboard Mr. Edaw glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header You might be surprised there actually ARE IFI members within visiting distance.

I've been caught up in posting problems on IFI, they're working on it but I haven't been able to post or I would've said hi Thursday. Bryan's and John are Alaska close and there are a couple more smiths I know of in the interior. We've been hoping to get enough of you guys on board to have some meetings.

Get on Jim's CC list so we can talk. Admin will get things sorted out here but my connection here is just unreliable to use till it is.

Frosty The Lucky.