I Forge Iron

Everbody has a forge blower

Countryforge

Ok call me cheap. My wife called me in to tell me our clothes dryer will not dry. She bought a new dryer and told me to take the old one to the dump. Just thinking I started to take the dryer apart telling her that it is easier to move it disassembled ha ha ha ha As I got to the blower I thought hmm Ok so I took it out hooked up the power and WOW does this thing move air. I have a new blower for my forge. As I took the old dryer to the dump there must have been twenty forge blowers all hiding in dryers

• 2 months later...

The "new" super efficient house furnaces here in the USA generally have a fan assist for the exhaust that often is spot on the right size for a forge blower and as furnaces often die of other things before the exhaust assist fan does you should be able to source them at scrap prices form an HVAC company. (I have often found that a hand forged trinket for the front office can work wonders getting access to the bone pile...)

Guest Johnnie

good idea!! Never thought of that. Easily sourced too.    I have recently bought a Hot tub blower which works a treat, but blows the hot coals up the chimney if turned to full wack! Simple fan controller sorted that. A third of the cost for a forge blower too. Bonus..

• 9 months later...