I Forge Iron

Primitive Hunter

2Tim215

Thanks all for the comments, they do keep one motivated. The stippling was to save the knife as I had to burn in the washers for the rivets and they had ugly little black rings around them. Does help with grip though I could have kept the lines a little neater. I personally like the forge finished look though here in SA they don't sell, everyone wants Damascus and shiny with exotic materials.

If any one has any tips for drilling perfectly flat holes for washers?

Thanks

Tim

Mitch - I am still at the point where I wish my knives were as good as some makers I know - it helps that I have a new friend who makes knives of surpassing quality who drives me to be my best. My knives have improved in the few months I have known him. It also helps that life has taught me to accept constructive criticism with humility and discard that of those who don't care.

As the old Baptists say - just keep on keeping on.

Thanks all for the comments, they do keep one motivated. The stippling was to save the knife as I had to burn in the washers for the rivets and they had ugly little black rings around them. Does help with grip though I could have kept the lines a little neater. I personally like the forge finished look though here in SA they don't sell, everyone wants Damascus and shiny with exotic materials.

If any one has any tips for drilling perfectly flat holes for washers?

Thanks

Tim

G'day Tim,

Awsome finish, I use slot drills or end mill cutters for flat holes but you need a good machine vice and no slop in the bench drill bearings. (Or a milling machine :) )

Cheers.