I Forge Iron

Ad in Dallas Craigslist for 17 anvils

If you average the weight it's #176 each. $3.00x176=$528 each.
$528 is on the high end for an anvil that size around here. Doesn't leave a person much room to make a profit. "there is a lot of money to be made here for someone" refers to the seller. Lol.
If he threw in the 440 pound double horn(Peddinghaus?)then it'd be an interesting deal to consider!
I hope someone goes to see them to at least post a picture or make a report.

Let me see if I have this correct. This guy wants to sell 17 anvils for approximately $9000 sight unseen.

If anybody jumps at that offer then perhaps they would also be interested in a little lake front property I have to offer. One side faces the water, the top; there is an abundance of wildlife, water moccasins, alligators, snapping turtles and muskrats; most of the property is densely foliated moss, water lilies and algae; the property is easily accessible, by swamp buggy, air boat and parachute; the property is very secluded, nearest neighbor is 12 feet up and 25 miles west. Property boundaries are estimates only, the gators ate the surveyor. This is a cash only deal and for an additional $10K I will send you instructions on how to help me get $25 million out of Nigeria and will share 40% of the money with you. :ph34r:

Woody, throw in an anvil and I'd trade some ocean front property here in New Mexico for it!

Sure a lot of folks on the net who seem to think that admitting that they were thieves and dishonest people was a good way to inspire confidence in others wrt sight unseen business deals. Never quite understood that.

Thomas I have just the anvil to sweeten the deal, its a 75 lb cast iron swayback beauty with just enough casting pits in the face to give it character. It says Mexico on the side but I think the Chinese just wanted to blame the piece of junk on someone else. When the mexicans get wind of it I expect the first shots in the Taco/Chopsticks war to be fired shortly afterwards. Right now it is on loan to an aspiring young blacksmith. I figure anything he does to it will be an improvement and obviously increase its value by at least a shiny new nickel.

Sure I always have something that *I* consider too damaged to use that I can let go for a *Premium* *Price*! Like I have the *ORIGINAL* bucket of hammers as in "he's dumber than a bucket of hammers" that for you I'd sell for nineteen ninety five *hundred* dollars in easy weekly payments....I'm just back of the old Same place...

Sure I always have something that *I* consider too damaged to use that I can let go for a *Premium* *Price*! Like I have the *ORIGINAL* bucket of hammers as in "he's dumber than a bucket of hammers" that for you I'd sell for nineteen ninety five *hundred* dollars in easy weekly payments....I'm just back of the old Same place...

You sound like a "buy here pay here" car lot, tack on 100% finance charge on a premium priced vehicle, then charge 25% interest, require weekly payments, and repo the vehicle 24 hours after the first late payment...

I am so glad I know about those snarky places from other peoples mistakes.

Phil