I Forge Iron

ABANA Conference 2012 Group Photo

I am tenetivley planning on going to ABANA, but am unsure if I will be able to afford gas both ways, plus the site fee. Have too much money tied up in those darn Austrian anvils overseas...heck who am I kidding, I'll be there, but might have to hitchhike to get there. :P

Hope to see some of you there.

Aaron

• 1 month later...

I looked for a photo group while I was in the vendor area the whole conference and never seen anything close to a get-together for a IFI photo, I was right across from the tent Brian was demoing in the whole time. ????not sure what happened with the photo shoots.

post-3508-0-84418600-1343355477_thumb.jppost-3508-0-09473500-1343355538_thumb.jppost-3508-0-35953100-1343355600_thumb.jppost-3508-0-97967800-1343355719_thumb.jppost-3508-0-32842900-1343355778_thumb.jp Ok I found a way to get these loaded.They are of the Punzo coppersmith site. The boys took off to see some blacksmithing for a while so PaPa and I did a little work. It was a great experience. Then the boys came back with a nail Alex helped them make for the stump so they made a small bowl put there names in it and nailed it to the stump. Then PaPa wanted pics with the wife and I.

Great shots peacock, I was over there when he forged the nail. I have lots of pics to share once I get them sorted out. The group photo was a total bust, we did have about 15 people ready for a shot on wed but before I could get the shot everyone wandered off. Two guys went this way and two guys went that way.
This is "Group photo" that I got
post-10376-0-66217000-1343362406_thumb.j

Illusion, we were spread out over a huge county fairgrounds and a college campus with 8 - 10 events running simultaneously. But it was 105F in the shade, if you could find any. We were in a vast parking lot with fresh blacktop, so we scurried like roaches from cover to cover before our shoes caught fire, or stuck to the blobs of fresh tar. The frozen drink stand was doing a brisk business.

At the fairgrounds there was an art gallery, spouses events room, reception hall with seating for 500, tailgate row, and 7 pavilion tents, each 50' x 100'. 4 with bleachers and sound systems for live demos, one for POMM, one for the coppersmiths, and one teaching tent with multiple forges & anvils. Each was separated by a hundred yards for noise, and I never saw an event that was not standing room only, 9AM to 9PM.

And of course the college art gallery, and twice daily talks and tours by the Metallurgy Department. Shuttles ran all day between the two sites, a few hundred yards apart visually but across the RR tracks and a river.

Harrington Delaware. They think almost all the sites will be air conditioned. It's 1/2 hr south of Dover 2 hr east of Batimore. I think it's the Delaware state fair gounds. I am saving my pennies starting now hope I can make it.