I Forge Iron

ABANA Conference 2012 Group Photo

I was contacted by Glenn Recently and I guess somehow my name came up in putting together a group photo at the conference. So I would like to get some input from those who plan to attend and would like to get in the photo. I did this at the Memphis conference two years ago and we had mixed results. It is not easy to get everyone together at one time with all the activity going on.
So some ideas from people who want to participate in the group photo would be great, maybe some pre-planning will help make this run a little smoother.
I will be arriving in Rapid City on Wed July 18, so anyone that wants to join me for a cold beer will be able to find me there. I will be wearing my Iforgeiron shirt. You can pm me or post here to help plan and so I can get a head count.

Alright, Clinton! You're on the ball. I believe it was Lyle that suggested you would be a good man for the job. I just got off the phone with Glen, also, and he was talking to me about having everyone meet at sometime where Lyle, Alec, Daniel, Kainon, and I will be forging to get a group photo. You know me, I'll be woking, but I'll stop for a photo.

Ya I think I remember the name "Lyle" in the message from Glenn.
Thanks Lyle, and thank you Brian for the invite to use your forging station for this.
Maybe we can do the photos each day when lunch break comes around. Or something like that. I am open to suggestions and what others think may work best. The last photo shoot I tried to put together on Saturday I think it was, in Memphis kind of got mixed up when Brian was offered a forging station and moved everything at the time the meet was planned. I had a group ready to go then everyone got scattered in the move. It was a comical mishap of sorts.

My suggestion is to take photos of those present, every 15 minutes or so (during the lunch break) each day of the event. That way no one misses lunch or the photo shoot. An IForgeIron shirt is not necessary to get into the photos, but it will certainly help identify you as a member of the site to others at the event.

IForgeIron shirts can be ordered up to June 30 for the event. This should still be time to get them to you before the event. I will post the shirts available shortly.

Great idea Jeremy- thanks for volunteering to bring the lunch. (insert smiley face)
Sounds good on the time and place, now I would like to get a list of who all wants to get in on this.
Another thought I had was to get a banner made that we can display in the photo shoot area. Does anyone want to donate some money to get a banner made? If we just put in $5.00 each or something like that.

Right on Alec- it will be a pleasure to meet you in person, and to see you forging. Glad you can make it.
I am willing to start a banner fund with my $5.00 donation. I do not know what the cost will be but I think it will be like icing on the cake. So come on guys and let's make this happen!

I just got my copy of "The Anvil's Ring" and it has the conference schedule inside. Brian's demonstration is in tent 2 Thur July 19; 6-9 pm, Fri 1- 4 Pm & Sat 9-12 Am
I am sure Brian will be forging somewhere, but this is the demonstration schedule that has been set up.

I just got my copy of "The Anvil's Ring" and it has the conference schedule inside. Brian's demonstration is in tent 2 Thur July 19; 6-9 pm, Fri 1- 4 Pm & Sat 9-12 Am
I am sure Brian will be forging somewhere, but this is the demonstration schedule that has been set up.

Is that you on the centerfold, headline "DONT FORGET YOUR CAMERA!"?

Let me know? Let me know where I can find a million dollars. Let me know how I can become good looking> Then, let me know about the group photograph - that is, of course, only if the group photo is a group made up of ABANA "convention" folks, and not be invitition only!

If you can make it to South Dekoda and the ABANA convention and to Brian Brazeal's location - your in. Photos during lunch break each day, and scheduled every 15 minutes so everyone gets a chance to be in one or more of the photos.