I Forge Iron

ABANA Conference 2012 Group Photo

Delaware here I come. I did not make it to Rapid City, but this one I will not miss. I have already started talking to Peyton about a visit to my museum, or a display at the conference.

Peyton Anderson did mention that he is trying for an August date.

Delaware here I come. I did not make it to Rapid City, but this one I will not miss. I have already started talking to Peyton about a visit to my museum, or a display at the conference.

Peyton Anderson did mention that he is trying for an August date.

Has anyone thought of having these things sometime during the year when it is NOT 105 degrees?

Has anyone thought of having these things sometime during the year when it is NOT 105 degrees?

Out on the 4-5 acre freshly coated blacktop it was hotter than that, the only saving grace was there always seemed to be a breeze. The water misters were a godsend. I warned one person walking a dog about how hot asphalt gets, you can burn their pads right off on a surface 130+ deg. I could only keep my hand on it less than 10 sec.........The first conference I went to was in the fall at Carbondale IL in 76 and that was pleasnt. Ahwile later they hosted one at a place called Sloss Furnaces somewhere in Alabama in the middle of summer, I stayed away from that one!............ RC was a fine conference, they all have some flaws but when you're havin' fun who gives a....;-)

What's the attraction to the hottest time of the year, I dont get it? Between the heat and the cost It only discourages attendance Why not at least have these things in the fall when temps are more tolerable. Maryland in the summer, is another hot venue. It looks like the leadership is a bit out of the loop with the membership on planning. Previously there was some discussion about having regional vs natioanl events, might be time to re-think that idea. Just a thought.

Peter