I Forge Iron

Pipe Hawk from Rail clip

Hi macbruce .
Thank you very much.
Chris

Hi 781
I never keep any time on things i just keep going till i think ive done a ok job on what im doing , thank you for the compliment
Chris

Hello Justin ,
Your very kind thank you.
Chris

Gday Marksnagel,
Glad you like my hawks i tend to like smithing hawks more than anything at the moment i might grow out of it lol.
thank you appreciate.
Chris

Hi ironjohn ,
thanks for the gasp mate .
Chris

Hey, I have some of those spring clips too. I didn't realize that there was a beautiful pipe hawk inside each one! ; ) seriously though, your work is very inspiring. How many different disciplines are employed to create this one piece of Art?

I would love even a brief description of your methods, if it isn't too much of a bother. Your Art is fantastic! Thank you for sharing it here!

Robert

Hi Robert .
Not real sure what you mean but you have to be able to forge first , split and drift as well
wood carve and engrave and inlay metals then carve the inlayed material hope that helps
but thats only because i prefere to do everything my self and under stand hardening and tempering

Heres a quik pic of the buffs head inayed just before carving ,

post-25508-0-53941600-1338100399_thumb.j

Sorry Chris, I guess I was way to vague in my question. I'd kinda like to just see you working your magic, when you are refining your finish work, up close. I'm finding it difficult to express that.

I'm really inspired by what you've done with the "Lowly" RR Spike!

Robert

Mod note: its a clip not a spike, different material

Hi Robert im very happy i have inspired you in some little way ,

This stuff you can do just take time and practice one step at a time
dont try everything at once ,

try getting one thing as good as you can
then move to the next and so on then you will be able to put
everything you have learned together .Thanks mate .
Chris.

• 1 month later...

i hope to one day be able to do work like this hawk that is amazing.

Best regards!
Tim
Hello Tim i can only say thank you very much and very happy you like my hawk.
And dont rest on my work aim higher mate and you will surely get there just takes time to put
everything together .Keep forging mate and hope to see some of your work .
Chris

I have given a thought to a hawk in the past but ate something til the feeling passed. I normally do not look at them on this site,,That is until i saw it was your work,,,thank youi so much for sharing. I am familiar with just abouit everything yo have done with this piece and can trully appreciate it. This site in its entirety is inspiring to folks learn and those arleady skilled. Your work sets new standards. Now perhaps I will ;push the hawk forward and see wot happens. Thank you!

I have given a thought to a hawk in the past but ate something til the feeling passed. I normally do not look at them on this site,,That is until i saw it was your work,,,thank youi so much for sharing. I am familiar with just abouit everything yo have done with this piece and can trully appreciate it. This site in its entiretyh is ins;iring to folks learn and those arleady skilled. Your work sets new standards. Now perhaps I will ;push the hawk forward and see wot happens. Thank you!
Hi Rich im very flattered you think my work is worth following very much appreciated and its my pleasure to post on here ,But i think Glen need all the thanks
for giving this sort of opportunity to us all to share our work thank you .
Chris

I don't spend much time in this section either. Mate, you have indeed set new standards. I forge hawks to throw (which is fine). Your work is indeed exceptional. Thank you.
Hi Ten Hammers glad you like my style of hawk too .
thank you very much .
Chris