I Forge Iron

Pipe Hawk from Rail clip

Hmm, I think I have one of those clips rusting away in a tub in the back yard. Maybe with the right amount of work, I can find a hawk hiding in it too. :lol: But I think I'll practice drifting an eye on the more populous RR spikes that brought the clip with them when they came. As usual, very nice work Chris.

Hmm, I think I have one of those clips rusting away in a tub in the back yard. Maybe with the right amount of work, I can find a hawk hiding in it too. :lol: But I think I'll practice drifting an eye on the more populous RR spikes that brought the clip with them when they came. As usual, very nice work Chris.
Hi Ecart there there mate just keep looking its amazing whats you can find if you look hard enough under the rust .
Drifting the hole dead centre is the hardest bit i find just my opinion, get that right your laughing the rest is easy .
thank you for the complements apreciate .
Chris

I agree with you about the drifting. It is the one reason I haven't made an axe from scratch yet. I've turned a couple of claw hammers into axes, but I haven't had to drift them. Maybe today I can light the forge before the weather gets up to the predicted 102 degrees and start working on my first axe or hawk from scratch.

I agree with you about the drifting. It is the one reason I haven't made an axe from scratch yet. I've turned a couple of claw hammers into axes, but I haven't had to drift them. Maybe today I can light the forge before the weather gets up to the predicted 102 degrees and start working on my first axe or hawk from scratch.
Hi Ecart mark the centre of your stock cold with a chisel so you will find dead centre when at slitting temp
Chris

Chris,

Amazing workmanship and attention to detail. Masterpiece quality of the highest order. You must have the patience of a saint. Thanks for sharing your work and inspiring us. Great job.

Peter
Hi Peter thank you very much glad you like my work .
Chris

Chris,

Amazing workmanship and attention to detail. Masterpiece quality of the highest order. You must have the patience of a saint. Thanks for sharing your work and inspiring us. Great job.

Peter

My feelings exactly. Chris, all of your items posted on the site are incredible.