I Forge Iron

Any idea what this is?

You guys crack me up! A compressor sounds reasonable but I only received the one picture and I didn't see any pressure fittings and the mounting tabs seemed to be very heavy duty for a compressor. I'll ask and see if it was ticking :rolleyes: I'll ask about the other side as well. Puzzles are always fun.

Ward

Jimmy is right on the money. Old refig. compressor. I have scraped thousands of them.
It's old enough that if any oil is left in it odds are it contains PCB's. Be careful
if you decide to take it apart. The fittings are most likely 1/4 inch steel tube,
no threads. Inside you fine an electric motor and a small compressor made of cast
iron and some valves.

My friend sent me a picture from the other side and it appears there are two cut off tubes exiting the top. So it would appear the correct answer is a refrideration compressor. It was found in a scrap pile and returned to whence it came so no worries about the PCBs. If I didn't live in CA I'd see about making it go boom just for CurlyGeorge :lol:

Ward

post-13670-0-85725100-1308071349_thumb.j

It is apparent nobody here grew up with a top mount GE fridge. Ya all younger than 40? last I checked the old GE was still keeping the beer cold after about 80 yrs and rolling down a 40ft driveway and hitting a old oak tree. How many flathead motors or front loaders have ya delt with? Try this for a motto
The diffacult is 1 hour service is normal. the impossible is slightly longer. Do what ya can with what ya got and that is the best you are gonna do. We are not gonna be
a Simmonds or Whitacare or whoever. We can't be the best but we can be the best we can.
Ken.