I Forge Iron

I found this thread way too late - after viewing it twice I know that I will never again complain about how to work the normal sized pieces I try. An excellent tutorial that should be required viewing for first time blacksmiths. Like the larger than life mechanical displays used in the military for weaponry and armoured vehicles that make installation and maintenance of pieces and parts easier; this thread makes something like forging and installing a rivet on regular work look like childs play. And if someone can fuller steel that large how could I have trouble with making a hammer? Well done and thank you for being willing to share Michael!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

danger i am grinning from ear to ear on your behalf - you must feel amazing now your original design, after all that thought and work, is completed ! it all looks incredible, the wings are so so beautiful, you have made them look soft and light, the lines are absolutely wonderful, i cant imagine how youve done these things on this scale - you are a very clever boy !!!! :)