I Forge Iron

Slice and Poke

Michael-
Do you have any process photos for the tongue? I have been intrigued by that tight ridge detail and the symbology lately.

As far as being done- I don't know if I would push the elegant simplicity of what you have. Just my thoughts...

Its hard for me to see the whole unless its in motion, photographing this thing is a nightmare, with the height just about the best perceptive was when it was on its side. A couple pieces of bar on the bottom welded together and one on the top run in the hammer on the diamond, after tapering Fe.

I am contiplating $5000 of 1/8" or 1/4" 655 bronze, I cant image $25000 worth of Ti Ric, I would give a go if I had the opportunity though! :D

post-2769-0-10605500-1300655486_thumb.jp

As someone who appreciates sharp & pointy, it does resemble what would happen if Virgil England did a take on Lochaber axes, but less cluttered than his work. Well Done!!!!

PS. I looked at the photos a few times before it sunk in that this was 14' tall, and that you could not touch the blades from the ground. Weapons of heroes! Slice & Poke indeed!

Personally I think it would look very nice next to some of Henry Moore's work at the Nelson Atkins in Kansas City! Maybe close to the sheep as they could be herder's weaponry. Also a subtle nod to the old jokes about sheep herders. Elegant and massive... an intriguing combination.

England's work is the bomb! I also like Jensen, very cool stuff.

I went to art school across the street from the Nelson, one of the best museums I have every set foot in, I would love to place a few overgrown monstrosities on that lawn!

Here is the start of the main piece on the steam hammer 5" by 6 feet long.

Enjoy,

England's work is the bomb! I also like Jensen, very cool stuff.

I went to art school across the street from the Nelson, one of the best museums I have every set foot in, I would love to place a few overgrown monstrosities on that lawn!

Here is the start of the main piece on the steam hammer 5" by 6 feet long.

Enjoy,

I hope you and the other artists here (are you listening Larry?) take more videos of the process you go thru in order to produce your extraordinary work.Not only do we LOVE to see them here but most of the folks I know up here who produce art have a laptop open and running these types of videos in a loop at shows and presentations of themselves and their work.It really does open the eyes of some people who have no idea what it takes to get from raw material to finished product.Suddenly that price tag seems downright reasonable when you see what the artist had to do in order to produce the finished piece.
Thanks for posting this Mike.