I Forge Iron

Aspen Fireplace doors for Southern Calf. residence

Glenn Gilmore

Glenn, you are running firefox on linux just like I am right? Otherwise what I say about fonts might be completely useless---like asking for engine advice and not telling folks if you had a gas engine or a diesel...

For me on the reply panel there is a dropdown menu marked "Sizes" where the tool tip is "Choose a font size". Select the one you want and put your reply between the two bracketed chunks

Hi Glenn,
Great job as always. I like the method you used connecting most of the smaller limbs, saves alot of cleanup and gives you a better look.
By the way that shovel looks familiar :) The one I have of yours has been doing great service at the coal stove this winter.

Thank you for the nice comments. My clients were very pleased with the doors and were more pleased when they had a fire going. The shovel and poker are 1 piece and forge welded to the handle. I used 3/4" square for the shovel and poker.
For the finish I pop the scale with a torch and wire brush. Brass brush highlights and then waxed with linseed oil, turpentine, and wax mixture.
Doc, glad your shovel is working well. Always good to hear how my products are working.

Roughing it after the installation. We picked tangerines off the tree for breakfast and snacks. Can't get much fresher. Cup of joe in the morning. The pool was 92 degrees with city in the background. City lights from the guest house porch.
I could use another commission like this one. The clients loved the fireplace doors.

post-5409-0-25244200-1298747111_thumb.jp

post-5409-0-98170900-1298747129_thumb.jp

post-5409-0-55054500-1298747133_thumb.jp

post-5409-0-75412500-1298747141_thumb.jp

Roughing it after the installation. We picked tangerines off the tree for breakfast and snacks. Can't get much fresher. Cup of joe in the morning. The pool was 92 degrees with city in the background. City lights from the guest house porch.
I could use another commission like this one. The clients loved the fireplace doors.

LIFE IS GOOD TO YOU! B)

• 9 months later...