I Forge Iron

"Mirror made by one of 2 last blacksmiths in Australia"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I knew the polar bears were in trouble and the Amazon rain forest is being depleted. I just never thought we would see the demise and extinction of the Australian Blacksmith. Good grief, how did we ever let the levels get so low. We really should go out with a tranquilizer gun, knock them out and remove them to a much safer environment. Enclosed please find my check for $5.00 to help with this effort.

It's time to form up a "Blacksmith's without Borders" group and get a response team over there right quick!

Dale Russel started a related thread OZ Roll Call that currently has some 200 replies and some 7,000 views. There is another thread on making leaves and sending them to OZ for the tree of leaves memorial to the big fire in Oz a while back. Leaves came in from blacksmiths in Oz as well as blacksmiths from all over the world.

The fellow may want to look for a new ad agent, one that does a bit of research before writing the ad copy.

Sorry Glenn, my post was a bad joking reference to "Doctors Without Borders" where groups of medical professionals go into areas ravaged by war and natural disasters and make up for a lack of onsite resources.

I agree, this fella could use some help - Given how poorly the whole ad was put together I'd say there's a wide variety o' things he's not aware of! laugh.gif

Just sent him a ping about it. Ok if he was one of the last 2 left, but he's not. Probably does'nt even have trade papers. We also have a company here that advertises "the only manufacturer of hot forged products in the Hunter Valley". Ok if you are but if you're not, its just false advertising.

Phil

G'Day All , Dale Russell here usin' MOONY'S puter .
As youse can see " i " ain't extinct or MOONY

Blacksmithing without Borders ... i'll ave 1 of those XXXL please

Hope to add a few more name to the OZ Roll Call after this weekend . Glenn & i are heading up to Ironfest . Will ave my IFI t-shirts proudly displayed :)

Dale Russell / Glenn Moon

Or is it blacksmithing without boarders.

Sort of like when the family goes away for a holiday, but I still gotta go to work.

Oh wait that can't happen as I'm obviously not one of the 2 last blacksmiths left in Aus, like theres this guy and there is one other , who is it going to be?

Phil

Now I have been to Australia... though I wasn't looking for blacksmiths at the time... I clearly remember every Aussie I met being reasonably fluent in "English"... myself being an American I also am reasonably fluent in "English" .. In my opinion the poster of that ad ... is .. fluent in "Gibberish" ... with a BS accent...

I say "English" because the British are the only ones that speak English.. I think the rest of of speak mangled versions of it.. American English.. Aussie English... Kinda like how there is French in France ... but most other places is "French-ish"

I got a good laugh... Hey if he gets that thing sold ..I'll have to change all my ideas about the world.

I am just curious ... If you want to sell a mirror... and you are going to take pictures of it... and mirrors are reflective... wouldn't you take pictures at an angle so you are not in the shot... and make sure there is something interesting in the background to be reflected? ...

At least it is not like the guy selling the teapot...

just a thought..
cliff

Wow I forgot to bid and the auction has ended Bummer, oh well I guess I will go swill a couple of fosters and drown my sorrows
and to think that I could have had something "forged" by one of the two remaining blacksmiths in the land of Oz, this is rough! Maybe a six pack