I Forge Iron

"Mirror made by one of 2 last blacksmiths in Australia"

I wasn't thinking of the true blacksmith's Thor as in arm muscles, back, toe, thumb, etc. :o My bad Bob.

What I was thinking was: if we incorporate Thor in our orbital base we'd have something to do with any old crow or pinch bars we didn't feel like reforging into something else. Project Thor was an orbital weapon system proposed in the early, maybe late 60's. The idea was a satellite that consists of an iron bar about 1-2" dia x 3' long, a rocket engine and in the fancy version a tertiary control system added to the bar. The idea was to deorbit a bar by just punching it straight at the target with the rocket engine. Even a few lbs of steel hitting the ground at 17,500mph.+ makes even the most deeply and heavily reinforced bunker an easy splash. Thor would travel the 100 miles from orbit to the ground in under 03.5 seconds so it wouldn't have a chance to burn up much. It would erode some because of air friction making a actinic blue white straight streak and a really impressive thunderclap. Hence the name Thor. Oh yeah, our version probably shouldn't rely on soon to be hard to scrounge rocket engines A nice electromagnetic mass driver should do the trick just fine and all we'd need to scrounge are the solar panels. Easy peasy. Yes?

I figure the solicitor's entrance will be mostly self cleaning what with the automatic high pressure sprinkler system and natural grade. Another potential thought would be robotic walkway cleaners which would efficiently clean, haul and dump the monkey tossings and whizzings in any handy motor vehicle parked in the Solicitors ONLY parking place.

Having the self opening privacy screens IS a darned good idea, we wouldn't wnt a solicitor to miss the opportunity of a potential sale. :rolleyes:

I was hoping dogs were going to be on the approved list, heck, cats too. Oh what the hey, darned near any halfway friendly critters are okay with me but dogs are a must.

Frosty the Lucky.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW I a feelin a bit exposed. Have not been on Iforgeiron for some time and when I do well what do I find only 2 B/S left in Aus
I had better get the kids a hammerin and attempt to build the gene pool up mighty quick, not to mention they love the idea of wearing tightds and flying around the world in rockets and living on a islands. WoW bring it on.