I Forge Iron

New Friend

As I was demoing at a craft fair in Harvard , Mass. I was approached by an elderly gentleman who said how much he enjoyed smithing. During the course of our conversation he stated that he was having probl;ems with his forge fire. To make a long story short I went to his home , cheched out his forge and decided to give him the one I had been useing at demos for the last 9 yrs. Attached is a photo of this gentleman (A retired Dr.) with the first fire in his new forge.

post-670-12649431517694_thumb.jpg

Harley,

Here is a HUG from me!!! wink.gif

I believe you have done exactly what we are all supposed to do when we are able to do it.

People are more important than our things. But sometime things have a way of letting people know how important they are!

I have become long in the tooth myself and know what it is like top loose muscle mass and my ability to do things like I used to. Everything my children or friends help me with when I need it is appreciated 100 squared.

I have an old blacksmith drill press that I bought that needs to be cleaned up and tuned up.

I don’t understand how this one was used. I think it was used with a belt drive?? I just don’t know!

I have not done anything with it sense I bought it about 10 years ago.

But it is yours if you want it. I am not sure what the shipping costs would be. But I would pay half the cost with you on them. It is heavy (est. about 200 lbs) Ha Ha, like I am a good guesser! blink.gif

You did the right thing!!!

Ted Throckmorton