I Forge Iron

Where are the Blue Prints?

This past tuesday we had 32 people in attendance and presented 3 blueprints in the IForgeIron Tuesday Night Live Blueprints held in the IFI Chat room at 10 pm eastern time USA. Join us if you get a chance. We not only present the Blueprints but also discuss the details and answer any question you may have about the subject.

There are some 1100 plus entries that may have to be moved manually on the front page, including the Blueprints. We are working to restore that section of the site.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a long time since we had access to all of the blueprints, a year or so but now we have none.

If and when they ever get put back on are they going to include all the new ones that have been presented during the absence of the blueprint section?

They were one of this sites most valuable asset's and are dearly missed.

welder19

The conflicts between the old soft wear and the blueprints is one reason we changed soft wear and rebuilt the site in the last of December, just 4 weeks ago. Andrew is working on several issues on the site, work, and have some sort of a personal life. I am doing the same from this side of the keyboard.

There were 32 (I think) people present for last Tuesdays Blueprint presentation in the IForgeIron chat room at 10 pm Eastern time USA and there were 4 Blueprints presented at that time. We have looked at the 10 pm presentation time on many occasions which works out to be 7 pm on the west coast USA, 6 pm in Alaska, 5 pm in Hawaii, close to noon in Australia and China, 5 am in Israel, and about 3 to 4 am in Europe. There is no way we can choose one time to please everyone as we have visitors from all 24 hours (local time) of the same day. We may have a way to address the problem, but need to finish the current work on the site before we make changes.

I don't want to be a nag but the people in the uk aren't usually awake at 3am in the morning!!
so its kinda annoying. But any way i'm sure they will be put back in due course! :)

sorry for being a nag again.

alec

A lot of people in the UK won't make the effort to do lots of things, including attending blacksmithing events put on where they would learn a lot and meet like minded people.

If you are really that interested in the live blueprints then make the effort to get up and log in. I have done and enjoyed and learnt from them and when the fancy hits me, I will again,

As for the blueprints forum, yes they are missed, yes we would all like to see more, Don't you think the admin staff are trying to work on them, trust them and instead of having to remark each time this is brought up they could be spending that time on loading them

What you are doing is not a nag, its a whinge! Practice and get right what you do know, and you will get through them quicker when they return, there is plenty in this forum and anvilfire to keep you sustained.

Argh! I feel asleep on the couch last night before the Chat even started. angry.gif
If someone that was awake... and they happened to capture the links to the BP's that were presented... and they posted them in a topic today... would the links still work even though the Chat is over?

There were 29 people present last night and 2 Blueprints were presented. The first was a quick jig for making the flair on the rim of candle cups. The second was a way to make a bolster for punching several different size holes. Both Blueprints used commonly available items that could be found in most any home, hobby workshop, or blacksmith shop.

Mark, Panzom did not make the first offer of this nature to aid the site, but is one of the very few. The issue has been the way the softwear was integrated on the site. With the new system in place, one we get it tweaked out, we can utilize some of the knowledge offered.

I didnt even know you guys did this!

We have the Tuesday Night LIVE Blueprints each Tuesday night at 10 pm Eastern USA time where we always present 2 Blueprints and more if there is time and material. We have presented 3 and 4 Blueprints many times, and always try to keep the total presentation under an hour long. The discussion that follows is as valuable as the material presented when the subject matter evolves into spin-off topics. Join us Tuesday at 10 PM Eastern US in the chat room of IForgeIron. We can not say what is going to be discussed (sd many times we do not know until just before the presentation starts), but can say it is always interesting.

I didnt even know you guys did this!, but sadly lost was on last night and my fiancee wasnt about to let us miss it lol.

Now that I know you guys do this on Tuesdays, I could do a screen cap video of the sessions and post them for those who missed out.. if anyone would be interested.

I, for one, would be interested. Until the IFI Blueprints get going again, your offer would be really appreciated. I get up early in the morning and just can't stay up past 10:00. If I tried, it would take me forever to clean the drool off the keyboard, and my forehead would develop a permanent dent the size and shape of the edge of my laptop's screen.

Sounds good Ill be there next Tuesday!

Capture test http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QGIEW1MB Not sure about file hosting yet, I'm recording at 24fps so about 6meg/min so.. 360 meg for a 1 hour session, I can upload them to megaupload like I did this file, and also post a bittorrent if people like, I could drop the FPS to lower size but I want good enough quality to read the txt of the chat session. This look ok?

All this will resolve itself when we get the front page of the site back on line.I know you have heard it before, we are working on the site and have several things that (Blueprints included) that will go on line as soon as we can make it happen.

I am a web programmer by trade so let me know if you need any help. I'm also good at data entry if it comes down to copy and pasting a ton of data into the new system. I know your frustration we switched form a 32bit windows 2003 server to a 64bit 2008 and it was a whole load of problems.