I Forge Iron

QUAD STATE Roll Call

I am extremely excited about Quad State. If all goes well, and the school can get substitutes, me and the wife will be trucking it up to Quad State! Actually we will be riding up there, yesteryearforge and Linda (my coolest of cool in-laws) will be the pilot and co-pilot of this pilgrimage...

Who else is going? (Glenn you better be there I want to shake your hand and thank you for this place IN PERSON!)

Peyton

hey everyone,
I've never made it to quadstate (mostly because of school and work, but now that I am finally outta college and have a 9-5 job, i was thinking of going this year. If i am only going as a spectator, do I need to register? or is there just a spectator fee? i was a little confused by the website's form.
Thanx all.
Aaron @ The SCF

Gobbler, i wish i could talk her into it, but if i even speak of "metal" i may as well not speak at all, she loves the roses i made for her and a few other odds n ends, and i did manage to get her out in the shop 1 afternoon and heat a 1/2" square bar and twist it (i saved it for her (just in case), but that was as far as it went, she thinks i spent to much time as it is in the shop and on the internet reading about all aspects of metal working, but after spending 18 years in a machine shop its tough to get away from what you really like to do with your time, maybe if i could get a small shop opened up and make some money it may inspire her to go with me to these type of events, been with her for over 23 years, married for 18, i love her more than i can say in words but i dont think ill ever make it to Quad State LOL, i just tell myself "there is always next year"

Ron

Sandy. There is always something to do at Quad State. The tailgate sales usually start on thursday anymore. The Friday is a bustle of activity with sales and preperation by SOFA. The Friday night event is becoming better and better every year. Consider coming early and lending a hand. I always do. It is a great way to meet more of the folks there and realy get to be a part of the event. The registration fee is to be a spectater and yes you do need to register. For less than a hundred dollar bill you will be exposed to more information than you can absorb and more tools and equipment than you can carry home. Once you go to one, you will probably never stop. See you there. Gobbler

Gobbler,
Thanx for the info. It's still up in the air whether I will be there or not (and probably will be till sometime next week) due to the wife's work schedule and babysitter situation. If i do end up going it will definitely be the 60$ on site registration. Hope I can make itand meet some of you.
-Aaron @ the SCF

I would really like to meet any of you guys that are going to be there. Here is the shirt and hat that me and Mike (yesteryearforge), and Josh (his son), and our wives/girlfriend will be wearing in one way or another. Also we might have on Yesteryear Forge hats too...Mike is the really tall guy, Josh is the guy with all the muscle, and I'm pretty much the mouthy apprentice... :-)

I really hope to meet some of ya'll!

Peyton

763.attach

I will be there God willing friday late afternoon/ evening. The van is loaded for the forging contest;-) and I will be wearing badges with my login for Anvilfire/CSI, and for IFI. I am 5'10 and 200# with long red hair, a greying beard, and safety glasses. I will likely be wearing green and my cloths will have scale burns:-) Introduce yourself, and I will definitely be at the forging contest Saturday night;-)

Thomas could be a cold wet one, so pack accordingly. It will be a blast anyway even if it is cold and damp. assuming the weather up here is the same as for down there... Look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones:-)

Just in from Quad State, and as usual it was great. In spite of the crappy weather yesterday. I spent most of yesterday & this morning watching Bill Epps demo.

Got to meet or get reacquainted with lots of folks. Talked with John Larson, John Fee, Steve Gensheimer, Rich Waugh, Paul (3dogs) Wilson, Fred McDaniels, Jeff Reinhart, Jeff Gawell, Doug Lockhart, Fionnbharr, and a host of others. Got to meet & visit with Lorelei Sims (Blacksmithchic.com), and Bill Epps. Lots of nice folks, especially the SOFA staff-including the almost Reverend Robert Cruikshank, the working mans friend.

A good time in the mud. :)