I Forge Iron

The Flatifirer strikes fear into the heart of taps everywere......

Love it, attached are a couple of other ideas from others using presses to get different effects, small and larger

The design for the stoves that Joff Hopper makes was that they were too tall to fit into the back of his vehicle so he had to squash them a bit. (or so the story goes)

Joff does some really creative work, and if you want to see more, google Metal pig forge.

19597.attach

19598.attach

Love it, attached are a couple of other ideas from others using presses to get different effects, small and larger

The design for the stoves that Joff Hopper makes was that they were too tall to fit into the back of his vehicle so he had to squash them a bit. (or so the story goes)

Joff does some really creative work, and if you want to see more, google Metal pig forge.

Yeah that is some really great stuff... I visited his web site and his over all style and look of work is outstanding... I really love whimsical ironwork!

Hope they don't ask for it to be returned as delivered. (grin)
Ken

I wasn't very specific about the condition it might be returned in.. I just promised to bring it back.... I think the owner will be pleased... Unless that is tomorrow someone comes in and ask if they have a 4 1/2" fine thread bolt tap....

I think the owner will be pleased... Unless that is tomorrow someone comes in and ask if they have a 4 1/2" fine thread bolt tap....

That's cool. I agree, I think they'll like it and probably come up with more stuff for you to put the squeeze on.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been searching for a big tap to smoosh for some time….. I finally got the owner of Pacific Industrial to let me borrow one that they have had at the counter there for some time. It’s a 4 ?” and started out a foot tall… weighs 37 pounds…

Here are a few pics of what It used to look like, how much I had to cut off to get it in the big press (with a xxxxxxx cutoff wheel because I was worried it was to hard for the bandsaw)… and what it looks like after the flat-i-fier had is way….

I told him I just needed to smoosh it and I would bring it back…… I wanted to “dish” it a little more but it wouldn’t fit in my little forge after the first dishing operation… so either I am going to give it back as is or maybe drag out Ernie’s Dragon to get it hot again tomorrow….

Where are the pictures????