I Forge Iron

A Foolishly Large Bowie

Morlock

I'm a blacksmith, not a bladesmith. Still, I try to fill my knife orders with professionalism - here's a big (15" LOA) Bowie I did this past month.

I think it came out OK, and it was fun to do, but doesn't anybody out there want a nice gate or a fire-screen or something?

19481.attach

19482.attach

19483.attach

19484.attach

Thanks everybody. It's 5160, my favorite steel and one that I just happen to have 150# of sitting around my shop.

I personally think this knife is too big for almost anything, the client was actually asking about a smaller, matching one for skinning critters and general camp use. (Which is what he wanted this one for in the first place)

But I stand not in judgement of Paying Customers.

Beautiful work. A fine piece of art that anyone can aspire to. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. I'm new here to this site. I'm here to meet other like minded folks, to learn and enjoy the art of blacksmithing. I do not have a shop set up at the moment. That should happen in the spring. I had a large shop a few years ago, but did not have a forge. The new shop will have a forge, when I find a set of plans. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.
Hap Smith
USMC (retired)

• 3 weeks later...