I Forge Iron

Re-bar knife.

one_rod

We are pouring truck after truckfull of concrete at work, as part of loading yard refurbishment. Getting as much done as possible while the good weather holds.

So there are an awful lot of re-enforcing bar offcuts about.

Just couldn't help having a play with some.

Welded in a piece of file steel to form the cuting edge. Oil-flash black finish.

resized_black_knife_2.jpg

one_rod.

483.attach

• 2 years later...

Over the past week or so, I have moved and relocated 4 subsections of posted things, with a total of over 1,500 posts, I can't get them all right the first time :( Re-bar...Ka-bar an honest mistake.

With my dyslexia, you are just lucky I didn't accidentally get a baby picture of my new grand daughter posted there, and a knife thread moved to my In laws Email, although my Father in law might like the Ka-Bar thread... hmmm :rolleyes:

Edited by steve sells
even more typos, what else ?

I know this was originally posted long ago, but the knife is cool looking. If you are still with us ( the original poster ), please describe how you welded the file knife edge to the re-bar.

PS. Does any one else want to take a stab at how it was done? ( No pun intended :D ).

Thanks,
Dom

Edited by RcRacer

I know this was originally posted long ago, but the knife is cool looking. If you are still with us ( the original poster ), please describe how you welded the file knife edge to the re-bar.

PS. Does any one else want to take a stab at how it was done? ( No pun intended :D ).

Thanks,
Dom

I might be willing to take a slash at it. :rolleyes:

Frosty