I Forge Iron

Wooden anvil on ebay UK...

NO! NO! NO! That is dangerous!

If you heat the hammer, the head will fly off mid-stroke because the metal will expand in the fire but the wood will not... Try soaking the handle in the slack tube before heating.

Doug

Edited by urnesBeast
made it funnier

There was a similar one made of sheet metal at the BAM conference... one guy had a lotta fun riding his bicycle around with it balanced on his handlebars. It was a pretty convincing fake... you'd be quite unlikely to spot it by looking at it (unless of course it was perched where an anvil should never be). Even at close range you needed to touch it to know.

There was a similar one made of sheet metal at the BAM conference... one guy had a lotta fun riding his bicycle around with it balanced on his handlebars. It was a pretty convincing fake... you'd be quite unlikely to spot it by looking at it (unless of course it was perched where an anvil should never be). Even at close range you needed to touch it to know.

That was probably Roger Degner's "Peter Wrong" anvil.

This one perhaps? I didn't post the pic of me picking my nose with it, I wouldn't want to creep anyone out. :rolleyes:

16309.attach

NO! NO! NO! That is dangerous!

If you heat the hammer, the head will fly off mid-stroke because the metal will expand in the fire but the wood will not... Try soaking the handle in the slack tube before heating.

Doug

It's quite safe if you use the heat from a coke fire and NOT propane. The latent cheese in the gas will make the handle shrink.

It may sound like a pattern but I looked at it and it is not a pattern. If it were a pattern the hardy hole would not go through it there would be a coreprint there. There would also be draft on it which would be visible on the top face as well it should be split if it were a pattern.