I Forge Iron

Nimba Anvil

Hi all
I am new to this site. I have taken an interrest in making knifes and have been at it for a little over a year. I managed to sell a few knife and save enough to buy a new anvil. I bought an Nimba Titan and should receive it next week. I know it is a little late to ask but just wondering does anyone have any good or bad comments on Nimba anvil.
Thanks for any input.
Keith

Welcome aboard Keith, glad to have ya.

Nimba anvils are HORRIBLE, you've made a terrible mistake! There's only one thing to do, as soon as it arrives ship it here for safe storage, don't even bother unpacking it. ;)

Joking aside, I've heard nothing but good about Nimba anvils you'll be one happy camper with it.

Frosty

i got a chance to use one at a tractor show for a couple days ... it was NICE ! it was the big one and hardly used ... edges so sharp they cut! i convinced the owner to roound one spot a little so u could forge a fork without leaving edge lines in it ..if i won the lottery ide buy one ! have fun!

Cheaper maybe but we're talking mental health here, NM is WAY too accessible you might have a relapse. Besides Thomas is already overloaded with this kind of dangerously addictive hardware. We don't want to take any chances with the mental health of such a fine old gentleman now do we? :P (that'll learn ya for danging at me!)

I agree, easing the edges is a good idea but only a little bit till you get a handle on how much radius if any you want on them. It's WAY easier to grind off a little more than it is to put it back. ;)

Frosty

What do you mean "not as bad as Frosty?" I don't charge storage! I take those horribly addictive blacksmith tools and store them solely as a humanitarian endeavor! Heck, you aren't going to do him a favor at all, you're simply trying to trade one addictive monstrosity of a tool for another!

Evil. You're EVIL I say!

Now, go find your own corner, this is one's mine. ;)

Frosty

Good Mourning,

Russell Jaqua put a lot of thought into what he wanted to see in an anvil. You will enjoy the experience. They have a very high pitched ring, try a trick that Tom Clark taught us, silicone the anvil to your base. Is causes enough of a damper for the ring but doesn't affect the rebound of the anvil.

You will never wear it out, talk to a lawyer and leave to someone in your will (or won't).

enjoy the hammer ride,
Neil Gustafson

Neil is right, Russel Jaqua is the man. I love Nimba anvils and after months of perusing anvils and looking at their specs and asking people about them the only clear choice to me was Nimba, and then it became the choice over which Nimba. If I buy another anvil it will be a centurion that I can have and leave outside along with all my coal forge stuff. As I only do propane forging inside, and coal forging outside. The titan it is an excellent anvil, but all their anvils have a great ring. Nimba is expensive but the quality is so worth it. The only complaint I have with them is I wish the horn was perfectly dressed. But that is probably knittpicky as I wanted a perfectly smooth horn for sheet metal and not as rough as it came. I spent a day or so dressing the horn and now it is much better. Soon i'll have pics to show you my Gladiator on it's stand. Should you want to put that Titan on a metal stand, check out http://www.iforgeiron.com/forum/f83/anvil-stand-help-10503/. There is good advice in there.

Here is my nimba after traveling 2000+ miles from port townshend to cape cod

I wish Nimba would take some nice color shots of their Anvils all dressed up. But here are a few of my Gladiator. I'll have a few more when I mount it on my stand.

And here is a friends anvil on a stand

Welcome to the Nimba Family!!!! Enjoy your Titan!

14786.attach

14787.attach

14788.attach

14789.attach