Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

its a shame to lose him our thought to family an friends

#142 William Conn

William Conn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

Although I am new to this forum and many people have already said so much I would like to send my condolences to his friends and family as well as all the people whose lives he touched. When I was down in southern California at a demo for the CBA I was introduced to his tongs and when I came home I found out about the induction forges he sold... His reach was truly amazing and a true measure of the man... I just want to say thanks

#143 stuarthesmith

stuarthesmith

Professional Blacksmith

• Members
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationMontrose, PA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

The loss of Grant is still reverberating through this forum. The only contact I ever had with him was on the last day of his life. I had just discovered the Northwest Blacksmith's Website, and had sent a request for membership, which he immediately accommodated. I had always read his posts in this forum, and found his knowledge, generousity with information, and professionalism to be remarkable in here. I have only one wish. When the owners of this website removed the member's list at the top of the webpage, they made it very hard to retrieve a lot of Grant's scholarly posts. I think the owners should start a new column in here, called "According to Grant", posting a lot of the informational posts that Grant graced us with.
when faced with a doubting thomas, whip out a digital camera! http://snakecreekforge.weebly.com/

#144 Glenn

Glenn

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 8,936 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:05 AM

Click on grants name, which will take you to his profile, Then click on find content button, right side of the page. His posts are listed there

If someone questions your standards, they are not high enough.

Do not build a box, that way you do not have to think outside the box.

#145 double_edge2

double_edge2

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Qld, Australia.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

Sad for all those he left behind. Fare well on your new journey Grant.

Ya gotta wonder what he's gonna do this time round?

He only did it it so he wouldn't have to make me a set of tongs.....

Blacksmith!? snap out of it! what ever gave you that idea?

Australian Blacksmith Association Queensland.

#146 Geoff Kelso

Geoff Kelso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

I first met Grant in the Summer of 1976. My first shop was near the Gas Works park in Seattle. He wandered in one afternoon and introduced himself. I liked him right off the bat. He was one of the most infectiously upbeat people I've ever known. We worked together off and on for about 6 years. For awhile we shared a shop in Interbay. One of the things I really enjoyed was his energy and how he'd work several steps ahead of himself and sometimes have to back out and get creative about saving the job. So many times I'd think that the only solution was to start over. But not Grant. He always came up with fixes. It got so I'd wait for him to get stuck just to see what he'd come up with next. We lost track of each other but I found OCP and called him a couple of years ago. I'm really glad we got a chance to reconnect if only briefly. Of course my heart goes out to his family and many friends. 64 is way too young.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users