I Forge Iron

Fixen to become a member

Tom Lumpkins

Well boy's come febuary the 26th I'll become a full pledged member of the
" Old Farts Club" yep I'll be fifty years old, I was sitting here thinking about back when I was in my twenty's and how fast time has flown by. I remember I worked at a old filling Station and the old man told me ,,The older you get the faster time goes by.. And you know what, That old feller new what he was talking about,, Seems like it took me forever the age of twenty, Then the years just flew by...And I also think about alot of friends that I knew that will never know what its like to become a Old Fart... I reckon I have earned the title.. LOL

Tom, I've been a member of that club for almost 3 years now. I'll be 53 in March.

I knew something was up when folks who worked in stores and businesses around town started calling me "Sir"..........

I'd better leave it at that.......I feel one of those "I remember the time".........stories coming on..........

Tom, I've been a member of that club for almost 3 years now. I'll be 53 in March.

I knew something was up when folks who worked in stores and businesses around town started calling me "Sir"..........

I'd better leave it at that.......I feel one of those "I remember the time".........stories coming on..........

I know what you mean James, I got the same thing going on " Sir This and Sir That" But I don't reckon thats such a bad thing , I kinda like it.. LOL..
And Steve I ain't offically a member yet..lol..... Well its 8 Brrrr Degrees here this morning and I'm fixen to roll out toward Dallas..

I remember gas prices at 25 cents a gallon, getting a bag full of candy on a 2 cent bottle return, going to the movies with 50 cents which payed my admission, bought a pop, popcorn and a chocolate bar..... enough said....LOL

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

I remember those good old days of getting a soda, bag of chips and a candy bar for 25 cents. I'm 58 and the time surely is going too fast. I'm getting that Mr. attached to my name way too often. I remember talking to some fellows years ago that had just retired and they told me they were busier now than when they were working. You know what the truth really is? It takes alot longer to get the same amount of work done that you could do in one day before. Now it might take a whole week. That's if you even feel like doing it. Ever bump into an old classmate and think wow, that guy got old. Then you go home and look into the mirror. Yikes. I did too.

Yea, I know feeling. I'll be 55 in April and I have places that hurt that 10 yrs ago I didn't even know they were places! When I was training in Martial Arts everyone called me Mr. Dean and Sir, but that was more for the reason of being a 2nd Degree Black Belt! Now it's because of the age thing! But like I tell folks, "The alternative to growing old is permanent!"
So with that said, ENJOY Every birthday, it could be your last...

my dad,''POPS'',will be 81 in february and i am 54 in april.we both would like to hit the 100yr mark,he's told me he is going to show me how it is done.i think the real reason is he wants to collect his gov't pension for as long as he contributed into it.as i started forging late(50) i need the time to get to where i would like to be with this craft.i figure i have around 1200hrs forging time in so far,which is nothing,so you see why i am looking forward to longevity.more time to do what i love doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wagonmaster,
my uncle got certified scuba at 68! I figure he is my role model, he bought a 48 foot sailboat and sailed it up and down the Ca. coast at 70, and when I think of him, I know I'll forever be a kid at heart, I just need to ignore the aches and pains. May your second 50 years be filled with hot iron and cold beer!

Thanks boy's .. would have responded early but been pretty busy..I'm down here in Macon,Ga sitting at a sav a lot. waiting to unload at one am.. Great way to spend a nite.. A darn train just went by and sounded the horn..Don't reckon there'll be much sleep for Tom and the other poor souls.. That are here..