I Forge Iron

Giday from Australia.

Jim86

Been getting some good info from this site for a while now so thought i'd sign up and say hello. Been doing a bit of blacksmithing and metalworking for a few years now, made my own forge( charcoal) to go with an old hand crank blower, have now set up a 2 burner volcano forge.

Make my own tools, garden picks, etc, like pulling a bit of steel buried out of the ground and turning it into something useful! 

Just picked up another anvil ive wanted for a fair while too, got some pics of it, not sure whether to post them here or a new post in the anvil section? Ahh well, someone might let me know, still trying to drive this thing!

Cheers.

Welcome from the Ozark Mountains. It would be better to start a thread in Anvils that way more views and responses. Have you seen this thread yet? Lots of good folks there. Trying to drive this thing (the forum) is like herding cats.:D

OZ roll call - Everything Else - I Forge Iron

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sail’s.
Semper Paratus

Welcome from southwestern Pennsylvania USA. Glad you like me and many others found this site well worth joining. 

Like Iron Dragon said, probably in the anvil section, tho we love photos wherever.

It is a great hobby to dig up some used steel to make useful items out of. That is my favorite part too. 

Good Morning Jim,

Don't be shy, WELCOME from Western Canada, the Left Coast.

We invited Glenn Moon to Canada for CanIRON in 2017. He is trying to thin his collection. Look him up and say hi for me. Be prepared to do a lot of listening!! He is an incredible wealth of knowledge. Canberra is his closest larger town. Yes he is very innovative, he has to generate his own electricity. French Fry Cooking Oil for fuel, for the Forge as well as the Gen Set.

Neil

Thanks everyone for the replies, will make a post in the anvil section soon (who doesn't want to see anvils am I right!)

Thanks for the thread Irondragon i will check it out.  

George, Wyoming looks like a very nice place, and that elevation is the height of our highest mountain! (So not very high, more like a hill haha)

Daswulf, it sure is, I've made both a short crow bar and a pretty big can't hook to roll logs that came out of old steel buried in the dirt!

Neil, envious of the tall mountain country in B.C, ( ok then most of Canada!)

Wow interesting, will have to look him up, I grew up only 70km from Canberra. 

Jim.

Sounds like a nice view George, i'm only about 200m with a few midget hills around 500m, 13000ft peaks would be unreal! 

Here is an anvil pic for you all, its a little small to be of much use but worth a try!(16mm-5/8 square bar).

Hope they come through allright..

IMG_20230901_172812.thumb.jpg.4d174d8f9e0b04e2451d2d6f9ba13ba5.jpgIMG_20230901_172806.thumb.jpg.b90094017f28e49c0c6ed4bb681e9738.jpg