I Forge Iron

Cyclone Gabriel

onetreeforge

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By law I can't fit rollbars or seat belts. It does over 70MPH, National park still shut to tourists and non residents which is good, roads are empty, beach is empty, the law prevents me from peddling anything I make around here to unless its through the gallery

That seems very odd that you can't put on after market safety features.  Maybe they want to discourage folk from driving older vehicles.  I became an early believer in seat belts over 50 years ago when a lap belt kept me from going through the windshield in a head on crash.  If it had been a shoulder belt I wouldn't have eaten the steering wheel.

GNM

Uh HUH, launching off a 300' drop at 70+ is roll bar time?:huh: I'm thinking ejection seat and parachute myself. One that would actually open in 300'.

Regardless, didn't you know New Zealand deports you if you aren't a wild child, Scott?

Frosty The Lucky.

At least a hard top would be quicker than a long fall and hopefully instant death. Of course that's the old fogy in me speaking, I'm not going to be cruising 70+ on a dirt road over a 300' drop off in a rusty antique, or heck one of our modern vehicles.

I did drive fun fast when I had my 91 Eagle Talon, awd. even then it could get away from you. It was fun letting someone who had been giving me grief or even the LOOK when I said it LIKED to cruise at 80 mph. About 30 seconds after hitting the highway I'd ask if they were watching the speed and they were almost invariably rolling past 80. It was actually a matter of constantly monitoring the dash to keep it even close to the speed limit. In town was easy, maintain the speed of traffic.

Man I miss that car but buying a modern equivalent is so far out of my budget I don't even look at pics.

Frosty The Lucky.

Having researched current prices and ballistics and availability of .40  .45 and 9mm, I have to go with the 9mm for my next.   I am thinking of Sig p365XL, for ccw and definitely getting another Holosun for it, Love the one I have on another gun, and unlike the remeo zero series, I dont have to take it off the weapon to change a battery