35# soderfors
59# hay budden
110# Tableless Anvil
199# Peter Wright
100# vulcan
115# Peter Wright
3 post vices
20 tongs

All of these were found within 2 1/2 weeks, if you look hard enough, they are out there.

nice find around me if you go on craigs list and it say blacksmith or anthing like that its a furtune for some thing thats junk and then they will relist t so now you have to look at it for mounths cause they want to much for it and can't sell it

That's pretty much the way it is around here. A fella's been advertising, on Craigslist, a Trenton 50 Farrier anvil for the last two months or more. Started off asking 250.00 and is now down to 175.00. Maybe someday he'll be down to a reasonable price! Anvil actually looks like its in pretty good shape, of course that's coming from someone who is very inexperienced and just getting started.

i know theres been a woman avertising a swage block she was asking 300 for then it was on ebay starting at i think 350 but no bids then she advertised blacksmith tools with no pic or price i emailed her asking for pics and how much she was asking for the swage block and shes says no less then 400 she never took herold ad off it was same pics so she can't sell it and keeps raising the price she told me some was coming to giver the 400 but i got there fast she would sell it to me but for me i don't need one (at this time)i justwould like to have one but have to pay the morgage first so its still on there

I checked on one em sawges shipped to me. $146.(not sure to the cent) shipped. As soon as my next demo is done I`ll order one and with me building the new shop i`ll fit it in real nice and build a stand for it.
Chris

If you join the guild you'll save $5 with the member discount AND you'll get the newsletter with lots of great how tos and such.

When I say save $5 that means the member discount for the swage block is more than dues so you save $5 overall.

At least I THINK it's still that way.

Shipping will still suck though. Oh well, nothing's perfect.

Frosty

I checked on one em sawges shipped to me. $146.(not sure to the cent) shipped. As soon as my next demo is done I`ll order one and with me building the new shop i`ll fit it in real nice and build a stand for it.
Chris

Check again on the shipping price. I shipped a cross that was on a pallet measureing 4'6"x5'4" from Texas to Florida via FedEx and it was between $85 & $90. It weighed 105#, 40# more than that swage block weighs. Now if you register and come to our conference on Oct 17-18 you can get one and not have to ship it! :)

Good grief Doug you have some mighty fine flea markets in your neighborhood!

Frosty

I stumbled on this flea market browsing random web sites. It is probably 2 acres a hundred stalls, maybe more. Same day I also got two timber framing adz, for the barn project, for $15.:D Also saw at the flea two Peter Wrights Anvils but they were asking collector prices for those. A number of other smithing tools like flatters, swage tops and a bickern where also on display.

You'll always run into people who want top dollar and beyond but I'm jonesing just for the availability of smithing tools. AK is too recently settled to have much in the way of left over smithing tools and equipment. If you see anything here on ebay, flea markets (rare things here abouts) or yard sales folk think they're made of gold.

Frosty

From his other posts, yes CBL4823 is a collector =P (with a very nice collection too) If I had the money to buy up the anvils that I know about, I could probably come away with 6 or 7 in two weeks time up here in new england, without even hitting any auctions or the like. That said, iv'e got one anvil, 2 partial anvils (one no horn, one no heel) and 2 stake anvils (large stake anvils, 55lb and 125lb) so i dont really need another anvil >_< THat said I want one of the hornless colonials that Jymm Hoffman is having made anyways =P

I'm not hurting for myself, I have a better than average set up. I want a power hammer but I can build one and will, it's unlikely I'll see a suitable one here abouts for a remotely reasonable price.

What we have though are a bunch of newbies looking to get into the craft. Getting them set up with RR rail anvils and home made forges is fine but some things are just a bit much for anyone to make themselves let alone a newbie. Alaskan newbies are no different than anywhere else, they want the "real" tools and equipment while they make do.

Oh well, I like it here.

Frosty

Check again on the shipping price. I shipped a cross that was on a pallet measureing 4'6"x5'4" from Texas to Florida via FedEx and it was between $85 & $90. It weighed 105#, 40# more than that swage block weighs. Now if you register and come to our conference on Oct 17-18 you can get one and not have to ship it! :)

thats what the guy said who i emailed said the shipping be like 41.00

Chris

See there! I new it wasn't going to be $146.00! ;) Man, that's a savings of $105. Good deal!