I Forge Iron

Heart Rate Monitor

Jon Rarine

Good Morning, Jon

Why do you want to monitor your Heart rate? Do you want to monitor the heart during Forging? Prior to Forging? Post Forging? What if you are not Forging a Post?

Is it necessary to have a Heart rated, first, before and after? First before and First after?

Neil

OK, admittedly IFI is the original well and spring of all knowledge on earth but it must be our week for off topic non-blacksmithing queries.

Interestingly enough, Madelynn and I recently came across a heart rate and oximeter which you place on your finger to measure your heartrate and blood oxygen level.  We recently took it up to 10,600 feet, 3,000'+ from our home, and found that our oxygen saturation stayed the same but our heart rate went up in compensation for the higher altitude.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Ahh come on guys!

Don’t everyone here wear a heart rate monitor specifically during heat treating their projects? 

Jon Rarine,

10 hours ago, Jon Rarine said:

want to know about heart rate monitor wristband and how its works!

to answer your question, a heart rate monitor wristband is a band that holds a heart rate monitor to your wrist!!!

How does it work you ask?
it works buy using a variety of different clasps to lock the two ends of said band together to hold it on your wrist!

Unless of course you have a stretchy band that does not have a clasp,

in that case you just stretch it over your hand and it compresses back down on your wrist to keep the heart rate monitor in place! 

there ya go! Question answered by your friendly local MD working on a PHD!

(mower doctor working on a post hole digger):D

15 hours ago, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

I think I'm going to print this out and hang it on the wall. Thanks for the giggle Billy!

I was going to say heart rate monitors work by keeping track of your pulse but you outdid me nicely.

Frosty The Lucky.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:49 PM, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

Ahh come on guys!

Don’t everyone here wear a heart rate monitor specifically during heat treating their projects? 

Jon Rarine,

to answer your question, a heart rate monitor wristband is a band that holds a heart rate monitor to your wrist!!!

How does it work you ask?
it works buy using a variety of different clasps to lock the two ends of said band together to hold it on your wrist!

Unless of course you have a stretchy band that does not have a clasp,

in that case you just stretch it over your hand and it compresses back down on your wrist to keep the heart rate monitor in place! 

Useful answer thanks!!^_^

Your welcome Jon, 

I’m not sure if your genuinely interested interested, or just spam posting and being sarcastic (like I was doing)

if on the other hand your still out there reading this, and that was a real an honest question, 

a bunch of random people on an internet blacksmithing forum is not the place to be asking something like that,

in all honesty I’m not qualified to be telling anyone anything about how to apply a bandaid!!! let alone anything about heart rate monitors,

I doubt many others here are qualified either, I once tried to get Frosty to take a look at a splinter I had on my finger an he told me to just cut off my finger to fix the problem!!! Would you trust his medical advice?

if you are truly interested In learning about heart rate monitors, I suggest looking into some manufacturers websites reading up on them

then speaking with a medical professional like a doctor thats actually qualified to answer any questions you have about your heart rate or any other questions you may have about your health