I Forge Iron

Building an open air blacksmith shop

We had bagpipes at both my weddings to Martha and and to Madelynn.  When the organ and the pipes joined in for Amazing Grace you could feel it through the floor.  I expect there to be pipes at my funeral.  They played to me at two of the best days of my life and they can play me out of this one.

Ode to Joy is the national anthem of the European Union.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Even bad renditions of Amazing Grace are moving but on pipes it's ground shaking. Literally.

We have a pretty large pipe and drum corps here largely through the Scottish club but anyone is welcome to join in and they do. They march and play at the State fair every year and when they march playing the National Anthem a majority of people fall silent, turn and salute or put their hands over their hearts. 

You just can NOT ignore the pipes!

Frosty The Lucky.

17 hours ago, arkie said:

John Switzer (Black Bear Forge), fellow Colorado smith, play his banjo on his alternate channel.

Ethan Harty in Alberta, Canada is a champion fiddle player as well as quite a good blacksmith.

"When I was a little bitty baby....."  

I found chopping up "tamed jalepenos" made by Mezzetta in grilled cheese adds a little zing.  I suppose regular jalepenos would require a Frosty bud to put the fire out.  What kind of cheese?

One of the local marijuana shops has a product called "Frosty Bud!" You'd want to have one BEFORE you ate your grilled cheese. 

What kind of cheese do you like? I'm a fan of extra sharp Cheddar with smoked ham but most any cheese grills up nicely. Deb likes Provalone, Havarti or Gouda and sometimes I mix them, a little Swiss can really change things. I really like grilled bacon, swiss and sauerkraut but Deb can't take the smell of the kraut. <sigh>

You DO realize I was poking you, yes? Yeast bread, cheese and beer wouldn't exist without cultures any  more than lots of stuff we love or need to survive.

Frosty The Lucky.

Funny thing, poking fun.  Some recognize it and some don't.  I recognize most of it and just go with the flow.  You named all the cheeses I am fondue of.  But grilled bacon, swiss and sauerkraut is new to me. Sounds like a pork rueben.  I make pseudo ruebens out of sliced ham.  Yummy.  Why women don't like sauerkraut, I don't understand.  BTW I meant a cold budwieser forgotten in the truck toolbox, just about to freeze.  No that hippy stuff.  Do you you frequent them shops to find what's new?????  Now I'm pokin' fun...:ph34r:

I just figured I'd clue some of the less punsterish in to our game. No, the "Frosty Bud" cross connection was pure coincidence. It's a store strain of bud and only available in THAT store. Beer maids have been Wise cracking in response to "Bud" when asking what a customer wants since the 70s up here. We used to make up fun stories about what Budweiser thought, did, etc. about that.

I'm a huge fan of good Monte Christo sandwiches, they're a bit much to make for lunch but MMMM MMMM! One of my old coffee shop haunts served a great grilled ABC sandwich, Avacado, Bacon and Cheese. They also served an ABC omelet that was hugely popular and they'd put it between bread if you asked. Another GREAT sandwich. IIRC a slice of tomato and onion cost under $1, maybe nothing depending on who was cooking and how well you tipped. 

Grilled peperoni and cheese is a perky sandwich too. 

I gotta stop I'm getting hungry!

Frosty The Lucky.

Back when interstates were few and far between and our family travelled from the DC area to Arkansas for most major holidays I remember the trouble my Father used to have getting a BLT with a scrambled egg on it in the small town cafes.   Still a family favorite.

Most successful cafe's in Alaska will put whatever you want on a sandwich, the extra charge if any is on the menu. A few years ago a very successful restaurant owner decided to retire and sold both restaurants. One to a Russian lady who is a local from the Russian Orthodox community and with a little adjustment has a successful restaurant with loyal clientele and regular breakfast club.

The other fellow was going to show us all what a good restaurant was as soon as he EDUCATED the customers as to what a good restaurant was. He lasted less than 10 months. He couldn't keep wait staff, cooks customers or backers. Perhaps if he'd stopped trying to do things to make his Mother happy he would've had a chance. At something. His mother walked around the place and bullied everybody, cooks, wait staff, bussers, customers, but most especially her son. The one who put himself in hawk to buy and open the place. What a poison pill.

It's a DQ now.

George had to come out of retirement and buy a new but bankrupt restaurant a little farther out of town to cover for poison pill Mom's inability to make payments and has a successful popular restaurant with loyal employees and clientele. He hates it, he was ready to get out of the restaurant business 20 years before he retired. George is a good guy, his daughter is second in command and runs it for most normal business. The food is great, just plain cafe food is standard fare but there's always something 3star on the menu and a good selection of specials. Eggs any way, any time, on anything, no extra charge. I joked about wanting the egg on my Chef's salad over easy. It came with 3 over easy. 

My kind of place. Anybody visits we'll eat there, it's only a few miles from our place. 

Frosty The Lucky.