I Forge Iron

Happy Easter Sunday 2022

TWISTEDWILLOW

Happy Easter to everyone! To the Christians here: He is risen! To the non-Christians and a-spiritual here: Happy Bunny Day!  In any case, I hope you have a good day today and every day.  

Partly cloudy, windy, and in the 30s here.  Typical Wyoming spring weather.  Had about 1/2" of snow last night but melted off now.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

We went to Debi's mothers assisted living facility (ALF) for Easter Dinner. Ma is 93 and as feisty as ever since being there and getting her medication straightened out. We convinced her to let us move her up here from the Miami Dade Florida area last year and the doctors down there almost killed her by over medication and the wrong one's.

Since Ma has been here she has developed friendships with four other lady residents and she calls them her posse. None of them have family that visits on a regular basis (sad really). When we found out none of their families were coming to the dinner the ALF had planned for residents and family, we invited them to join us and had staff set up a large table to hold all seven of us.

It was a great dinner baked ham, potato salad, baked beans and mixed vegetables in a nice creamed sauce with yeast rolls and carrot cake for desert with coffee. I was honored that they asked me to say my grandmothers non-denominational Grace for dinner. A good time was had by all and a lot of stories passed around.

Daughters woke up to loaded up easter baskets which they rifled through. Then after breakfast they hunted easter eggs outside. I think lunch was them opening the plastic eggs and eating as much candy as they could shove in their mouths. Later was dinner here with my mother and middle brother and family. 

I'm beat and I think I'll skip shop work tonight and get to bed early. 

Happy Easter All.