I Forge Iron

The Wrenchman

Daswulf

Here's a video from a guy I watch on youtube that does metal detecting and other things. He visited a blacksmith and shows up his sculpture. I missed or didn't see where in PA. he is from (I'll have to dig deeper to find out) but I thought it was a really neat sculpture and thought I would share. 

I like the blacksmith theme and all the parts he added including making it movable. 

I don't have That many wrenches lol. 

Did he say it was a pull toy?  My speaker on my phone is shot.  If so I wish he would have pulled it around.  I wonder if that flyball governor goes around.  That is a cool sculpture and I'd like to meet him and see his wrench pile.  Probably smaller than it was before Wrenchman!  Thanks for posting it!

Anyone notice the shape of that anvil? I think it is probably a real anvil since if he fabricated one it would probably look in better shape.  That one looks like it were chocolate and got too close to a heat source above it. Man is it drooping. 

1 hour ago, ThomasPowers said:

The Pruning hooks into spears and vice versa, is the big one. 

Pruning hooks were used to pull dead branches off of trees, as were shepherds' crooks. Lease agreements often included the tenant's right to as much firewood as they could gather "by hook or by crook".

• 1 month later...

It worked now.  It was a black box earlier.  Thanks.

I tried to quote Das just now, but everytime I tried to delete the video out of the quote it just started the video playing over and over or wiped out the entire quote box.  I've done it with pictures but this video won't go away now.

On 2/22/2022 at 10:27 AM, Daswulf said:

metal detecting and other things.

Well, I think my memory is fizzing out because I think somebody told me that on here before!  Thanks, Aric.  I was just going to ask you if you ever checked out TreasureNet.

Edited by Nodebt
Fix a thing

My metal detecting mainly involves walking into my shop, looking around, and saying, "Yup, there's metal in here."

That, and searching for the occasional Blue Öyster Cult song on iTunes.

That would be the eyeballing type of metal detecting. 

Can't say how many times I'm driving and when there is a property with lots of stuff (mainly scrap) I'm checking out what they have there (for fun) while I drive by. Or peeking at the side of the road for "drops".

There are times I refind fun stuff in My shop.