I Forge Iron

Temple vulture

templehound

Vultures are formidable and highly effective tools of nature and the vultures that can be found on the roofs of some Indian temples
create for me an archaic, exotic and also dark picture of great epic expressiveness.
A picture that takes my mind far back in time and expresses itself again in one of these knives.

The 260 mm long blade made of 115W8 is ground convex, has a fuller and a ridge on the back.
I used Indian almond tree (Terminalia Catappa)as the handle material and copper for the real ferrule.
The tang is riveted on the butt and shows itself as a flower stamp in the copper flower.
The scabbard consists of a core made of Burmese ironwood,
the throat and tip are reinforced with cape buffalo horn and molded and sewn wet in a half tanned leather quiver.
The sheath and quiver can be separated from each other for maintenance and repair purposes,
I made the clip from fully heat-treated high carbon spring steel.
Overall length measures 410 mm.

Cheers and a happy new year.

TG1.JPG

TG2.JPG

TG4.JPG

TG5a.JPG

TG5b.JPG

TG6.JPG

TG6b.JPG

TG6c.JPG

TG7.JPG

TG3b.JPG

TG3a.JPG

TG9.JPG

TG44.JPG

vu3a.JPG

Amazingly beautiful work as always. I never get tired of looking at your craftsmanship. 

They look like timeless antiques that have been around generations but are brand new. No doubt they will wind up as timeless antiques one day.