I Forge Iron

Rosa sapiens

Frazer

SPCH, Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Hardware. 

You're right Scott, I misspelled Gromit, my bad I'll stop rolling my eyes at Frazer. . . Maybe.:rolleyes: 

Northern Gromits made famous world wide by Garrison Keillor's "Tales From Lake Wobegone."

How can you even dream in your worst nightmare of impaling good natured, eager to be helpful, Gromits on a steel rod?!:o Is your first name really Vlad? 

Frosty The Lucky.

I was in a junk shop last week and found a hard cover copy of Wobegon Boy in the used book tubs.  I'll put in with my xmas gifts I collect over the year, Mom likes him.  We exchange garage and flea market "treasures" we find during the year.  Last year I got an old copper soddering iron among other neat old tools.  It's just small stuff but fun to see what the other found.

Speaking of Vlad, did you see how the specimen in the 2nd and 3rd picture from the bottom speared it's victim right through the "rosebud" with its tail?  Kind of neat how it clamped onto it too.

Rosa's are red

And cannibals too

They ate all their own

Now they are coming for you.....

It's going to be a GREAT DAY! I've seen a couple posts that put a great big smile on my mug and now you've made me laugh out loud. Thank you Scott, that's a perfect little ditty. 

I'll be chuckling all day. Frosty The Lucky.

No, I try to steer clear of quantum mechanic rabbit holes these days.  Nice try.  I'm content with wondering if Rosa Sapiens came from fossil seeds. Or genetic reasearch.  Or a meteorite.  Or a nuclear blast.  Or the ocean floor.  Or the earths core.  Or.... 

Going down that rabbit hole I came across an interesting song about a old tyme metal worker that I dare not quote or link to.  There's no steering around them around here, IFI is just one big rabbit hole...  With the pull and allure of a black one.

Flowenstein... Flowenstein...  Hmmm....  

Thornomeus Botanicus. The sword and shield are removable so I could make a few mini weapons.

TP, I would probably braze one. My little Bernzomatic TS8000 had some trouble with the shield (as you can see in the picture). I've been pondering getting an oxy-propane torch (thanks JHCC for your thread on the topic). I know I'll use it, but I'm not sure it complies with my agreement with the fire marshal (no flammable liquids).

While the propane is technically a flammable liquid, it's also contained in a pressure vessel; in my experience, "flammable liquid" refers to things like oil, gasoline, diesel, hydraulic fluid, etc.

Simple test: does the fire marshal permit gas grills? That's the same material in the same container as the fuel for an oxypropane torch.

31 minutes ago, Frazer said:

(thanks JHCC for your thread on the topic)

(You're welcome.)

That's why I'm not sure. While my written agreement came about due to the NFPA 211 code with respect to garages and "solid fuel-burning appliances" (and was with the flammable liquids you list in mind) I'm not sure how far that extends. Not sure if gas grills would be allowed either.

Luckily the fire marshal is a good guy (also a welder) so it's an easy question to ask.

I'm guessing if the answer is no my Bernzomatic torch I use to light the forge with is also contraband.... :ph34r: