I Forge Iron

The apron. Clean it?

We can but hope!  (Some of my old friends haven't seen me bald; so I may be able to escape---except for the lederhosen and the aloha shirt and the red disreputable hat...)  2022 I should be able to have a nicely braided beard!  (Now to review my "How to tell which dwarf is which" cheat sheet from the Hobbit!)

Cool, I'll leave the dwarf IDs to you. I'm going to have to listen to: Glory Road, The Hobbit and Fellowship books a couple times in the next year. I just finished a short RAH binge, though I haven't drawn an upper limit. 

Frosty The Lucky.

"Glory Road" and "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" have been my favorites since the first time I read them. Mycroftxxx not answering always makes me misty eyed. When all the kids in high school were grokking everything, TANSTAAFL usually went right over their heads. 

Starship Troopers, Time Enough For Love, etc. My favorites among the rest change over time and mood as well. "The Green Hills of Earth," is always foreboding. But the poem. <sigh>

The radio dramas are fun if abridged. I used to catch them on the radio when I was working graveyard shift, a good way to stay alert behind the wheel.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

If your apron IS NOT SUEDE . . . I use a finish on belts, holsters, gun bags, and knife sheaths . . .  it's called Resolene.  Mix it 50/50 with water . . . brush it on with a cheap little ol pig bristle brush . . .  go to bed.

Get up the next day . . .  you'll have a finish that will not resist the sparks . . . but the oils, grease, dust, . . . etc . . . it'll do that.

Or if you feel especially stingy . . . grab your wife's Mop N Glo . . . mix it 50/50 with water . . . apply the same.  You'll have to do this one twice.

May God bless,

Dwight (one of the new guys)