I Forge Iron

A word of gratitude

JHCC

Fifteen years after his ASD diagnosis and fifteen months after the pandemic threw his junior and senior years into a whirlpool of anxiety and stress, my amazing son managed to pull through and graduate high school. I could not be more proud of him nor more grateful to the faculty and staff of Elyria Catholic High School for their unflagging support, understanding, and love.

I know that some folks here have shared those same struggles themselves and that they and many others have been praying for Iain. My thanks to you as well. 

τῷ δὲ Θεῷ χάρις τῷ διδόντι ἡμῖν τὸ νῖκος διὰ τοῦ Κυρίου ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ.

(Addendum: his name is “Iain” with an eye, not “Lain” with an ell. It’s the Scottish spelling of “Ian”, Gaelic for John.)

03CCD428-2C7E-4082-BB66-5C2964DC1977.jpeg

You must be smiling to bust your cheeks John! My heartiest congratulations to Iain! Completing high school is a solid accomplishment for anybody going to a good school. 

Please tell him Frosty says congratulations for a job well done and that I'm proud of him too. Please. 

You've put a real smile on my face. Thank you.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank you, Glenn and IDFCW!

Glenn, I’d say that the goal posts weren’t moved, but that the last thirty yards turned into a minefield. Regardless, he still made it through alive. 

John,

Congratulations to you, your family, and everyone in Iain's life.  I know it was a group effort.  In particular, Iain is to be praised.  Since you are part of the IFI family he, by blood and association, is too.  So, we are all proud of him.  It's accomplishments like this that are worn on and felt in the heart, not just on a nice diploma.  Good on you all and all blessings.

George