I Forge Iron

Easy little hatchet

Playing around one evening, practicing punching, drifting and whatnot.  Steel is mild, the drift used was a slightly sanded (taking the sharp edges off) 3.5 inch concrete cut nail, handle is a shard from a broken axe handle.  I even wedged the handle into the head

cute little finger axe.jpg

NICE job Paul! I'm thinking a little refinement and it'd make a very marketable product. Earn yourself some better tools and equipment while practicing your skill sets. Don't forget the other potential miniature tools. Hmmm? 

I'd be proud to display one in the living room.

Frosty The Lucky.

There is a market for well made miniature tools, often at 1:12 scale, among miniaturists/dolls house folk.  Some are very OCD about authenticity and will pay good money for something made from carbon steel and hardened and tempered like a full scale one.  Many of the commercially available tools are either plastic or cast in pot metal.

I know, my late wife and I worked for years (and I am still working on it) a 1:12 scale model of a late 14th century Scottish borders tower house (small castle) and I have had to turn out miniature tools, weapons, armor, coins, and cooking implements.  My wife was exteremely detail oriented and built things like a working vertical loom at 1:12 scale.  Anything worth doing is worth over doing.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."