I Forge Iron

Ragged forging on a drawknife tang set down

Smeden gegen

The metal pushing out on the sides is starting to form a cold shut, and your inside corner is a bit sharp. I would suggest (1) alternating hammer blows on the set-down and on the sides, and (2) forging the set-down over something with a slightly rounder edge. This piece can be rescued before you do any more work by filing or grinding the sides flat and that inside corner round.

Looks like you set the step on a sharp edge of the anvil. A sharp inside corner which is a stress riser and the likely initiation point of catastrophic failure. 

Prevent it by setting a step over a rounded edge, 1/8" - 1/4" radius are good though it's also good to give an edge a tapering radius.

Frosty The Lucky.

I radius both edges of my anvil from the step to where the heel begins from 3/8" to 0". This gives me a sharp edge when needed and a 3/8" radius for most of my shoulders.

Like Thomas said,, a hot rasp is your friend.

I made one of those as well. It was my first experiment with super quench and the 1-1/2" block was mild steel. I made it for my treadle hammer. It's used a lot and the super quench works well. 

I use it a lot for the finials on my cabinet pulls.