I Forge Iron

What Adhesive

Chris C

Depends on what you need. Not much sticks to cured silicone. If you just need to tack it on to the acrylic or a more permanent bond. For a temp deal just use contact adhesive such as spray tack, rubber cement or weatherstrip adhesive. For a more permanent bond use RTV silicon. It sticks real well to clean surfaces such as acrylic

i’m an old mechanic.. 

On another one of my frequented forums, a friend was facing almost the exact same dilemma a couple of months ago.  This is what he purchased and it's worked perfectly for him.     I went ahead and ordered some.  Pretty pricey, but I'm sure there will be a lot of things I can use it for.

Advertising video removed per TOS.

Around 2+ decades ago when I was a lab guy at Bell Labs, I had an H1 visa guy tell me he needed a connector, I said "provide me the pin out and I'll build it" He said "It's silver coloured" and was adamant that that was all he needed to tell me.  So I went around the lab and gathered around 6-8  different silver coloured connectors and gave them to him.  None worked.

1 hour ago, mcostello said:

Silicone conveyor belts are spliced together with something, can't remember the name, but it is a hint to start looking somewhere. It's in a blue tube if it helps.:D

As I said, mcostello, I've already ordered the glue.  I goofed (again) and posted a link to a Youtube video about it and it was removed by a moderator.  It's called  Tech--Bond Molecular Bonding System.  You'll have to do a search if you want to learn about it.  I'm not allowed to give you a link to their site.  I think it will work great........probably for a lot more things than just this project.