I Forge Iron

Wasszit

sfDuck

Duck, something about that screams to me its for some sort of casting. Just out of curiousity, is there any holes on the inside opposite the center square channel? If so I think it's upside down, that would be a pouring ramp, the two holes on either side would be sprue holes for excess material pouring out. If so, I'd recommend trading/selling it off as apposed to using it for a forging shape. As it would probably be more appreciated in the hands of an amateur caster for the purpose it was intended for.

-MJ

That thing is an early prototype Flowbee™

You are missing the internal parts. The early Flowbee™ was a simple a dynamo used for cutting hair. Yep, you are missing the crank, magnets, and copper wire. The Barber would turn the crank with the customers hand on the ball. The hair would stand on end and he's start cutting. I'm quite sure it's a valuable keepsake and does belong in some obscure museum.

Edited by nett
yes, I still have speilling issues

Definitely an early example of George Foreman type grill. The grills are missing. Both halves would be packed with hot coals, then closed upon the very large brontosaurus burger, for completely fat free, wholesome meals for the family. Or it could be a cannonball mold....or a canuter valve....or.............Hey look, over there....a squirrel..........(runs away from this post)............

You should hear blacksmiths at a demo where a smith is having trouble using a strange forge to do something that is easy to do with the equipment they're used to; we've all been there and so being the understanding folks were are we heckle the bejeezsus out of them...Thats when I reach in the quenchtank and throw the plastic squid that the hecklers...Bwaahahahahahahahahahahah!

I'm new around here buy I'll tell ya what I think.

It's a portable bar-b-que that attaches to the bumper of your truck. If you look at the second photo you can see the depressions in the side where the rotisserie skewer would be held. A scoop of coal in the bowl and your ready to go.

Lefty

• 3 weeks later...