I Forge Iron

ladder lift hoist shingle lift homemade

angiolino

For a land in the countryside with terracing we will have to build a device for transport and lift type cableway. A friend of mine suggested to me like a monorails or a shingle lift or a ladder hoist type like those for construction sites as it is very short the path to be done from the cart about 8 meters. The weight to translate I think 500 kg. What can you suggest. Thanks to those who want to help me providing valuable suggestions, rail hoist  frame in steel beam

hoist 02.jpg

hoist 01.jpg

Rails are two 2x4s fixed together to form a L shape. 

hoist 03.jpg

rail hoist.jpg

skip hpist.jpg

skip hoist sistem.jpg

The weight is 500 kg or just over 1100 pounds.

It is the 500 kg or just over 1100 pounds that concerns me.  What is the material you wish to lift? What is the angle approximately that you want to travel and is this along the ground, hill, (supported) or is it from point A to point B with no center support as in your ground to roof photo?  Do you have a wench available to use and will it handle the load?

How many times do you need to use this?  One time for one lift, or one set up with many lifts, or on different projects and locations?

How much dollars do you want to invest in the project?

Yeah, obviously 1/2 ton on a ladder lift isnt going to work. The one i have is based on the ladders rating, 300lb.  Could you give more detail  on what youre lifting and 25ish feet height is the next challenge.  To handle that load it needs to be single stage.   Sounds more like a stationary crane, or boom truck project.

As was already posted, lifting over 1100 pounds or 500 KG to a height of 15 feet or 5 meters is a challenge. Making the lift and then moving the load into place puts you into the range of a crane. 

Safety of the project, safety of the load, and safety of the people involved MUST come first.

I should transport tools and materials to restore the site (environmental maintenance), which as you understood was hit by a violent fire, which destroyed the plants that supported the ground to prevent landslides and landslides, an acquaintance advised me to use type tracked vehicles excavator, dump truck or crawler loader, I could install a cableway and pulley, we will have to install support iron trellis, what do you think? thanks for the attention and the right suggestions thank you

http://baitoncello.blogspot.com/2012/12/progetto-teleferica.html

skip hoist sistem.jpg

teleferica.jpg

funicolare.jpg

carrello.jpg

pilone.jpg

Muri-a-Secco-corso.jpg

+sinistracentrocentroRisultati immagini per mini escavatore per terrazzamento escavi.jpg

http://www.regione.piemonte.it/ambiente/tutela_amb/dwd/tecniche_sistemazione.pdf

http://hot-184591.blogspot.com/2012/05/macchine-da-cantiere-nellantichita.html

http://didattica.uniroma2.it/assets/uploads/corsi/144406/001_dispensa_impaginata.pdf

https://makezine.com/projects/make-34/heron-of-alexandria-and-the-gin-pole/

gin pole hoist?

work would be a job in economics to be done voluntarily as a hobby in the spare time

they advised me to buy a small excavator, which will climb the slope and build the access path, will help my friends in a voluntary way, if you know another system maybe like those used by the Egyptians to erect the monumental pyramids or other works, I invite you to propose alternative and economic solutions, originally it was made by a team of skilled forestry workers with manual tools with many hours of work

muretto.jpg

armaciera.jpg

roccale.jpg

If you know an experienced operator then using an excavator will let you finish the project much faster and with less damage to the ground to repair. Buying one is very expensive, can you rent an excavator instead? One excavator and maybe 5 men on the ground will do in one week what 20 men can in months. 

The general rule of thumb I use is, "rent the largest excavator that will fit" In your case the largest that can drive on the terraces you plan to  make. An extend a hoe has a mast that telescopes to extend it's reach. This will allow you to move materials from a lower terrace to the one above the machine.

A word of warning. Do NOT think you can do this without having experience running these machines. This doesn't look like a difficult job for a good operator but it could be very dangerous for someone just learning to run one.

Frosty The Lucky.

thank you for your precious suggestion unfortunately I can not use excavator, in that slope it would be dangerous too, maybe we will make a temporary structure like scaffolding for the appropriateness of the materials and we will manually realize the works that we can in economy

Quale motocarriola comprare

whinch.jpg

Angiolino:

Talk to a professional excavator operator, that slope is not too steep if you know what you're doing. I'm a decent, not a Good, excavator operator and I could take one anywhere I've seen in the pictures you've posted and restore the natural contours as I left the job. Seriously, you can take excavators up sheer slopes if you know how. Sure you have to dig a flat spot large enough to park on while you dig the next one but it's not a big deal for a good operator. If you have a good anchor point above and a winch, say a bull dozer, you can swing like a trapeze artist with an excavator. I LOVE operating excavators it's like having a great big STRONG arm and a hand that can crush cars. 

The gentleman using the walk behind track carrier needs to back it up steep slopes to keep the center of gravity uphill of the tracks. You need to load them heavy on the uphill end too. Heck, it'd be easy enough to make switch back construction trails on that slope the walk behind carrier to use. Make some long steel spikes, say 1.5 m. long and drive them 1 m. into the slope in a line on the down hill side of the trail you wish to make. Then either lay timbers or stretch cables between the stakes to act as a terrace wall. Stack rocks against the cables/timbers/pipes, whatever and pile dirt to make a reasonably flat trail. Zig zag back and forth across the slope to keep the grade shallow enough for the machinery and wide spots to turn around for the next slope.

Once you've finished working on the project, take the switchback construction trail apart as you go down the hill and plant the greenery like the rest of the slope.

This project isn't hard to figure out, you just need to find someone who does this stuff. I wish I were there I'd jump on the chance to help and learn a little Italian so I'd know what you were cussing about. :)

Frosty The Lucky.

I was advised to rent a wheelbarrow like the photo and a small excavator, I would not know how to use them in those conditions, the old men of the village have advised me to do as the grandfather shovel and pickaxe manually, and so much effort, ancient and tested method , if you had to hire an excavator in your opinion as more suitable as weight size and power? could I, with a little patience, learn to maneuver it or would it be too presumptuous for my abilities? they advised me downstream and up the slope to plant upright posts and crosspieces to create portals on which to hook ropes and pulleys, what do you think of a rudimentary cableway/derrick?

Risultati immagini per cableway pulleyRisultati immagini per cableway pulley

Sistema di funivia

Whoever told you to buy an excavator you can sell when you finished told you right. Yanmar second hand can be had cheap in Italy. A 3 ton one would work just fine. I agree with Frosty that a good operator can work on that slope. Don't even think of building a flying fox or to buy / rent a walk behind if you want to keep breathing.  

One of those little excavators would work fine and the little track dump carrier will be okay once you make trails for it with t he excavator. Marc was saying the walk behind carriers are too dangerous to use on that slope. 

The cable lifts and such are just too much work and danger if you have an alternative. 

Frosty The Lucky.

thanks for the precious suggestions, we will surely use the ancient and effective method of the grandfather with manual tools and lots of effort, as regards the use of the excavator or other machinery we will evaluate the risks and the operating expenses thanks to the valuable suggestions or advice, if other friends users have ideas or similar experiences, I invite them to participate and write to the discussion thanks again

The Ideal 3 Tonne ExcavatorK008-3_TRACK_DUMP_BUNDLE-750x750.jpg