I Forge Iron

Kentucky Cumberland Coal CO

Hey Cumberland coal only sells to big businesses and tractor supply isn't selling coal right now. So if any one knows where I can get some coal in Lawndale NC  I would be grateful if you could message me with details. 

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure. I haven't made any purchases from them because I built a forge optimized for charcoal. I talked to them on the phone about six months ago. I don't know if I can post their phone number or if that would violate the TOS. They're on Swan St. In Louisville. If you search Cumberland Elkhorn coal and coke on Google or Bing their number shows up.

Pnut

Mr. Wylde 32,

Tractor Supply Co.  sells anthracite coal.  Their main clientele are folks that heat their houses with that coal.

Therefor, 

Most of their stores,  usually, do not stock the fuel in the summer months.

I suggest that you give them a call and enquire when they will stock it, for this coming autumn and winter,  (space heating)  months.

I try to buy up their remaining stock at the end of the heating season, for a discounted price.

Good luck with that lead.

SLAG.

The two TSC's nearest to me do not carry anthracite and will only order it for me if I want to buy a whole pallet, but since I have nowhere to store it I may be out of luck. They told me there's not enough demand for it during the heating season and they got stuck with most of what they ordered for 2017-2018 and won't be carrying it again. So I have been trying to persuade them to order a pallet by asking a different person about it every time I visit and also over the phone. I've even had other people call and ask about it. I doubt it will make any difference but I figure It doesn't hurt to try. 

Pnut

Grace Fuels in Asheville , NC sells bulk. I'm just getting started (or I should say re-started) forging. I had a little coal I'd purchased from a hardware store in Carencro, La. about 40 years ago. I never was able to weld with it. It made huge clinker quickly. I got this batch from Grace fuels and made my first forge weld ever on my third try with it. It is metallurgical grade bituminous that comes from Kentucky. I'm not real experienced, but this seems to be good stuff.