I Forge Iron

BLACKSMITH DAY MAY 24 th 2008

YESTERYEAR FORGE will be participating in this day along with ANTRACIT and other forges around the world.
In my opinion this is an OUTSTANDING idea and I encourage others to participate as well.
For more details see the post by ANTRACIT under calander of events.

Yesteryear Forge will be open to anyone interested in blacksmithing wether you are experienced or a rank amature.

Come on out and hang out and enjoy the day.
Hours will be from 10 am to 4 pm
We have 8 coal forges and 2 gassers and a modest collection of blacksmithing paraphernalia.

The only thing that you need to bring is yourself.
Refereshments will be available and all supplies and materials will be furnished at no cost.

Hopefully this idea will catch on and become a yearly international event.

Mike Tanner

sounds like a fun time, Mike.
I already had a "play day" planned at my shop for the 24th when I saw Johan's post about the International Blacksmithing Day. Figured it was some kinda divine intervention of the Smithin Gods. Think this is a great idea and hope it becomes an annual event.

Anyone else in the Central FL area? as it stands now we'll be doing some inflating...(like E. Brim pillows) some large scaled foldforming.....some playing with an english wheel. A lost wax casting demo, a patina/finish demo.......and I've forgotten what else LOL:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ime too buisy getting my rv fixed up ... have to be on the road in 2 weeks and it still needs lots of tlc ..but the top is completely rebuilt and sealed and the carpet is gone and laminate wood floors installed so its getting there ...cant wait to be on the road and selling!! for me everyday is blacksmiths day!!

i didnt get very many people,i will try again next year.i consider my day was worthwhile cause i got to help out a friend.last weekend was his birthday and a lousy one it was.he stopped by for blacksmith day and told me of his birthday and also it was his daughters on blacksmithday.so i made him a letter R,for Ruby,wall hook.he got it for his Bday to give to her on hers.she turned 6 yesterday.it was a good day.