I Forge Iron

Fisher anvil- not the anvil of my dreams

It's only cause I care.

Seriously though, a person needs to read things carefully to understand what's meant. It's hard enough to write and get your point across but if the reader is going to miss key words and concepts it makes communications nearly impossible.

I have this unenviable trait of letting people I don't like make all the mistakes they want. When I do care (which is for most everybody) I try to point out mistakes and offer solutions. Sometimes a little blushing can be a most powerful tool for remembering to pay attention. It sure works for me! :o

Frosty

As has been mentioned: if you are looking at a brand of anvil that *should* ring and doesn't, (or even worse *buzzes when you tap it), then there is big trouble: crack(s) or face delamination.

However Fishers and Vulcans are designed/made *not* to ring and so that test doesn't work for them.

Most brands *should* ring---if they are "loose". Tightly mounting them to a stump can kill the ring as well.

Those couple of wraps of chain look cool, but also kill the ring. You may want to check for silicone under the anvil, and other methods to kill the ring of an anvil and take this into consideration when doing the ring test.

Frosty , your a mean man for pickin' on a little kid like that ...... wish it hadda been me ... :)

Dale Russell

LOL
It's only cause I care.

Seriously though, a person needs to read things carefully to understand what's meant. It's hard enough to write and get your point across but if the reader is going to miss key words and concepts it makes communications nearly impossible.

I have this unenviable trait of letting people I don't like make all the mistakes they want. When I do care (which is for most everybody) I try to point out mistakes and offer solutions. Sometimes a little blushing can be a most powerful tool for remembering to pay attention. It sure works for me! :o

Frosty

I know Frosty but I just sorta rushed reading the first one and rushed reading the 2nd also LOL:D

LOL

I know Frosty but I just sorta rushed reading the first one and rushed reading the 2nd also LOL:D

That's why I said, "paying attention," rather than EEEDIOT!

Nothing will slow a person down more than rushing.

Frosty

If at all possible, I take a minute to read over my post, a few times, before I actually post them on the forums; My intent, like most, is to get my point across in as simple and concise a manner as possible. Proof reading sometimes will help with this. Sometimes:D

But I must admit; I tend to get involved in the subject, as if I were spinning a yarn and can get off on a tangent; if the opportunity presents itself. I'm an avid reader and story teller so it comes naturally too me.

In the future, I am going to make it a point to stick more to the subject at hand and leave off with my story telling compulsions. In this way I hope to contribute more and confuse less.

Now that was a bit windy I must admit. I am a story teller at heart; there is no doubt.:D:D

Thanks for all the great information, Fred