I Forge Iron

Dad's

Dodge

Obviously, these are not hand made, but as this thread has been idle for a while, I though I'd share :) I found these while I was going through the tools my dad left me. Veterans should recognize these. The two black scaled ones are TL-29s, or electricians tool. The really old ones had wooden scales and an inlaid plate that was stamped with "TL-29" on it. (I wish I had one of those!) The other one is a standard Marine issue pocket knife. These are essentially the same as a Boy Scout pocket knife. Just different scales. Older ones had USMC stamped on them. As other branches adopted their use, the later ones such as the one pictured just had U S. That one and the closed TL-29 are Camillus. The open TL-29 was made by Kutmaster of Utica NY. Although it didn't show up in the photo, etched on its main blade is "Property of U.S. Govt"

5989.attach

Dodge, thanks for posting that pic. Kind of brought back some memories.
My dad used to carry one of those black handled electrician's knives. I'm not sure what brand his was , or even if it was military issue.....I was just a kid.

Anyway, his sure looked a lot like the one that is 'open' in your pic.
He was in the Army/Airforce during WW2.

• 3 months later...

I have my Grandpa's knives, and both were veterans; one in the Navy and the other in the Army. The one that was in the Army carried a wooden scaled knife that looks exactly like those black handled "electricians" knives. I now have it and I used to carry it but it was old and the mainspring for the blade side broke. So now it resides in a box.

Its so worn I could never figure out what the lettering on the blade says.. I actually think its something like "Case & Sons" but like I said its really worn..

I also meant to say that I own one of those "US" Camillus knives. Its my current carry everyday knife.. :) never failed me yet!

Edited by Rhyfelwr

• 6 months later...