I Forge Iron

Champion Blower color(s)

GMoore

• 1 month later...

Champion was happy to paint their products any color you were willing to pay for. Most Champion equipment I've seen seemed to be black or industrial light green. 

Mine are hunter green and gold. Funny how tools and equipment that are painted your shop colors don't grow legs quite so fast. Pepto Bismol pink or similarly gaudy are good for tools, it makes them happy so they stay home longer. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 10:27 PM, Frosty said:

Champion was happy to paint their products any color you were willing to pay for. Most Champion equipment I've seen seemed to be black or industrial light green. 

Mine are hunter green and gold. Funny how tools and equipment that are painted your shop colors don't grow legs quite so fast. Pepto Bismol pink or similarly gaudy are good for tools, it makes them happy so they stay home longer. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Reminds me of when I worked as a carknocker in a local railyard  years ago. I grew tired of my tools wandering off and sometimes not coming back so I gave everything a shot of dayglo pink spray paint. Lo and behold my tools stopped wandering. Most of the guys working there were the big burley biker/lumberjack types and they just couldn't bring themselves to be seen wielding a pink torch, etc. LOL. Anyway, about the 400s, both of mine and my Champion 101 post drill are plain cast iron/no paint. I've never seen any that appeared to have old original factory paint remaining on them but plenty sporting new colors applied in modern the era.

• 1 month later...

Mine is a sort of a rusty redish color.   Has a roughish rusty finish to it as well.    I think it is painted with a light surface rust tolerant rust.    I am not sure how that was done though...   I do think this coating can be applied over existing rust though....