I Forge Iron

What to look for at auctions

I “love” it when an auctioneer spends 5 min on some aced horse that some horse trader has his Durand kids klimming all over while less than 15 seconds on a good horse that some one else brought in. Not to say it hasn’t worked to my favor buying project horses when the auctioneer new me and wouldn’t take kill buyers or traders bids for horses that had potential, but it still isn’t fair to either the clients or the customers

Well I did what you guys said and put my set price at $250 but sadly I am indecisive and panicked because it was toward the end and I got it for  $300. As for the other tools I can take a few pictures later but they are boxes of random things mostly pliers and punches. Also sorry I had a tough time reading the Wilkinson and have never heard of that brand lol. 

$3/lb for a Wilkinson in prime user condition is a good buy as far as I'm concerned. Not a deal of a lifetime steal, but right in line fair price for a quality anvil in good to great condition these days. Anvils have skyrocketed in price in the last 5 years or so and most parts of the US you can't find the  $1 to $2 a pound anvils you used to..

$2.85 a pound is reasonable, and for a Wilkinson is very reasonable. You should not be able to wear it out. It is small enough to move around and large enough to do most of the things you will want to do.  Congratulations.