I Forge Iron

small scale fun

Thanks, y'all. I can totally realate to the "file zone". I actually think filing is often more therapeutic than forging. ..for me, at least. I hadn't worked with brass much, so I was kinda suprised that it wasn't easier to file. Super easy to sand, though. 

Oh yeah, I guess that would be a drill, files, and sand paper.:)

Reverse side:

image.jpeg

did these little key chains today. forged from 1/2x1/8" flat. the brass leaf is from 3/8" round, and the other one that is stainless is from a piece a little thicker than 1/4" round. 

Littleblacksmith 

IMG_7214[1].JPG

IMG_7215[1].JPG

Thought I would try a couple of miniature ram's heads for today's demo. They made quite good little keyrings. The three on the right are from 6mm square bar and the other two are 8mm. They were popular with visitors and I think I'll do more, but make the 8mm a standard. Fun stuff.

DSC_8306.JPG

DSC_8307.JPG

Thanks Al. I found them more difficult than a normal-sized ram's head. You have to be very careful not to burn those little horns off. I didn't mention the one that finished up in the bottom of the quench bucket with one horn and a bent nose.