I Forge Iron

Hello from southern Indiana

umtnman

Hello.  I live in Jeffersonville Indiana.  I am getting ready to get my blacksmith shop set up.  Currently have a 158lb Peter Wright anvil and a 2 burner forge along with a few other things.  I hoping to build a power hammer this net year.  Thanks for all the information here to help me learn.

Welcome; please add your  location to your profile; some of use don't have the greatest of memories when you get into the tens of thousands of folks that have stopped by this site...

I hope to meet you at Quad-State next year!  I'll be easy to find I'm middle aged, bearded, balding and wearing glasses, hmmm maybe not so easy...On Friday I try to wear my lederhosen and an aloha shirt and a red felt hat with horns on it...(long story)

Of course the Indiana blacksmithing affiliate has their conference sooner but I don't drive 1500 miles for it; I did go when it was just a 5-6 hour drive for me...

Welcome aboard Um . . . . got an easier to remember handle? Gad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header we'll remember where you are longer than it took to write a reply and open another post. A lot of info is location dependent and hooking up with the gang in the area will really flatten the learning curve for you.

We also LOVE pics, most anything will do just so you wouldn't mind letting your 5 yr old daughter look at them. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

Ha, good question Steve! I don't have a good answer aside from not seeming to carve out the time. I literally have every mtg both at New Haven and the 'unofficial' Salomon Farms in my calendar, but always seem to be out of town or have another commitment when the time comes. Making it more often is still on my list of goals however!    

• 2 weeks later...

the Meteorite Mashers will be meeting in my shop, in Floyds Knobs Indiana, very very close to you on the Saturday after Thanksgiving for the "Smoked Turkey Hammer-in" a meeting for which I hickory smoke several turkeys for the lunch entree.

PM me, I am often in the shop on Sundays.

• 2 weeks later...